You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #1 
Buick2.jpg  Buick4.jpg 
I have just completed another project, a 1932 Buick Sedan. I made if from plans in Sam Martin's book: "Making Toys - Herloom Cars and Trucks in Wood." It is only a pleasure making toys and models when you have such welll documented plans to work from!
I used imbuia, origen pine, oak, silky oak and good quality ply wood.

Regards

Dolf

ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
Another Wow.  That pin strip detail of different wood is great.  The angle are great, really make the car. 
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I am speechless. This is so cool. Could you post a front angle photo like the rear angle you posted? We are dying to see what that looks like.
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the kind comments! Much appreciated!

John,

I am adding another few photographs showing the front and rear in more detail.

The pin stripe is a wooden inlay which I thought did not come out to badly. The door handles are just small pieces of veneer that I glued to the doors.

These photo's show a few mistakes/disappointments with the project. Whilst sanding I burned the right side front of the chassis. I know that I have to be careful with oak which burns easily, but was caught out with the origen pine. I tried to sand the burn mark out and I thought it was o.k., but it showed up again when I started varnishing the project.

On the left hand side front door you will notice a mark at the bottom of the door. I noticed a light blue sheen when I was preparing the toy for varnishig and I thought that the blueish rag that I was using, had given off some colour on the plywood. I started sanding it and it just got worse until I realised that it was a knot in the second layer of the plywood. I had to live with it as replacing the side at that late stage, was not an option.

Regards

Dolf

DSC06136.JPG  DSC06133.JPG  DSC06132.JPG 

Bucko

Reply with quote  #5 
Impressive appearance indeed with great choice of woods, skillfully done and " gotta love it".
Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #6 
Another great finished product. Love the contrasting woods.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us