You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
Bucko

Reply with quote  #16 
The bottom Yellow Vehicle gets my [thumb]. Very interesting topic indeed---- I should add so as to help Lloyd as to which features gets my interest, The way the the Radiator blends into the engine cover and the interior seating arrangement is very impressive and I like the heavy look of the fenders flowing into the running board.
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #17 

HI Bucko

There is something about that Yellow car I do like 1909 Autocrat Racing retro

And maybe I make too after I have made the Rolls-Royce I have started the plans now for the  Rolls-Royce now my wife as see the Rolls and she want me to make for her. I look at many photos last night for the Rolls for references.

This is where I’m up too with the 3d model but still got much to do yet maybe 3 or 4 days I will finish

The plans and start to make on Monday.  There more work in making the plans than making the car.

Untitled - 2.png 
Untitled - 4.png 
Untitled - 5.png 
Untitled - 6.png 

Udie

Reply with quote  #18 
Lloyd - From our previous e-mails discussing the wheels of another model, I just knew you would be sitting at the computer and drawing up some plans. You are a man of many talents and never cease to amaze me. Are you telling me you looked at some photos and from that drew the 3D posted sketches in what - a day - unbelievable and fascinating. This is going to be an exceptional demonstration from design to build for all of us.
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #19 

HiUdie Yes I’m sitting at the computer and drawing up the plans. But I must admit it was very hard to find some good references photo and many different types of car chassis for the car and hard to see from the photos so I just design my own chassis and I think it is good for you all to see  the 3d model as I make it you can see what I’m doing for references. And it is going to be 14 ½ “ long and with a 3 “ wheel

Untitled - 8.png 

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #20 
Hi Lloyd

Thank you; Susie and I are so excited to see this vehicle take shape from the ground up.
Looking forward to following this build.

Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #21 
Lloyd,
Both vehicles would make exciting projects.
   My take on this is that the yellow one will be less difficult for us amateurs. The Rolls Royce is by far more beautiful, but has more intricate details and would require more finer work.
   You certainly have many talents, as some of the members had said. I do my drawings by hand as I am battling to master any of the various drawing programs on the PC. Looking at the drawings you have produced so far, it is evident that you know what you are doing.

What type of wood and thickness are you going to use?

I am really looking forward to the build. Best of luck and thanks for your willingness to share the build in stages with us.

Regards
Dolf
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #22 

Hi – Ken

Looking forward to making the car myself 3D model coming on mow maybe finished today then start to break down into Cad lines really for the plan set. Osni with the build now and he had a good idea for the chassis for the back end of the car today I will try to build it in to the car. He send me a drawing  last night what he had done on the computer you know he has only been leaning doing drawings  on the computer for about 4 weeks and you want to see some of work he has done he getting very good in a short time.

Hi – Dolf

You know Dolf there is more work in that yellow car that what you think many curves in it. If you  look on Google for this  1909 - autocrat - oldsmobile - Race - Racing – retro and look at the photos many details  on it. And I will make the yellow car I do like.

The car body I will make from 15 mm & 8 mm MDF and the small parts from hard wood  or plywood when I make the 3D model  I make to 1.1 scale the size of the wood I put a photo below to show you how I break down in too wood parts.

And here is some more photos where I was up to yesterday with the 3D Model

Untitled - 5.png 
Untitled - 1.png 

Untitled - 2.png  Untitled - 3.png 
Untitled - 4.png 

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #23 
The 3D model is finished now so if anybody would like to see something added to car I will try to build it to model before I do the cad lines and I will maybe spend a day refining the model and modifying and adding detail to the model but this what it is going to look like when car is finished.

Untitled - 10.png 
Untitled - 11.png 
Untitled - 12.png 

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #24 
Lloyd
Way Cool.  Your design looks very much like the first photos we saw.
I hope you can take lots of photos of this build, from the raw materials to making of the very intricate parts.
I so look forward to seeing and maybe even learning something.
Can't thank you enough.

Udie

Reply with quote  #25 
Lloyd - Your cad drawings look just fantastic. Can't wait to see the build.
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #26 

Thanks Ken & Udie

Everything is now ready to start to make cut back on some of the detail on the back car chassis sometimes I go a bit far with the detail work and you not see it all. And maybe start to make on Sunday

Today me and my wife are going in to city to see if we can find the paint colors for it but I think it going to be big problem not many colors here to pick from would like to find gold & a deep red paint color if I can.

Untitled - 13.png 
Untitled - 14.png 

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #27 
Lloyd
I am so interested in what your are doing, and excited to see each post.
Thank you so much for doing all this for us.  
I feel like we almost have a front row seat to watch and learn from you.

Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #28 
Lloyd,
Your design of the model looks like the real vehicle and I love the detail that it reflects. Thanks for sharing your work with us.
I am also looking forward to the build!
Regards
Dolf
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #29 
Do the yellow one!
Jeremy
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #30 
Maybe I will make the yellow one in about 2 months
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us