You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
This past summer I made 3 of the 4 Trucks from the Really Wood Truck Fleet of which I'm very happy with the results of that build. Recently I came upon a picture of what we call here locally a Ute Rock Truck of which is used for hauling rock away from our local road construction jobs. There's plenty of rock in our ground as I'm geographically located at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. The Ute caught my attention as to add it to my Fleet of the Really Wood Trucks so my thoughts wondered to the making of the Ute and I felt confident I could use the details of the plans along with a picture of the Ute and make this truck.
   The first step was already in my mind for the looks of the truck so I went to the next step of a drawing to stare at for awhile and get some ideas. I located my 1/4" grid paper and drew the Ute full scale on this paper to see how the Ute would look. The look wasn't bad but eventually I added another set of rear axles and moved the front axle further up front. I then proceeded to use this drawing as my templete for the making of the chassis frame and from there it was to make the bed. You'll see the cab/front end and fuel tanks all match the details of the Really Wood Truck Fleet.
    The pictures show a few views of the build along with the final Ute Truck along side the Semi-Truck from the Really Wood Truck Fleet. Enjoy my Truck and Thanks for viewing--[smile] ute1_opt.jpg  ute2_opt.jpg  ute3_opt.jpg  ute4_opt.jpg  ute5_opt.jpg  ute6_opt.jpg  ute7_opt.jpg  ute8_opt.jpg

Tony

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice, I like it.

Reply with quote  #3 
Looks great.  Nice addition to the fleet, nice design. 
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
Bucko-this custom wood toy dump truck is just amazing. The design is super creative and the workmanship is outstanding. Wow! You are a skilled toymaker.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
Looks great.

What is the Veritas thing in the first photo. Is that some sort of drawing pad or a tool.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks so much for the positive replies. Bob what you asked about is a note pad with 1/4" square grids, I taped 2 pcs together to get the length I needed for my drawing.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us