You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #1 
So after I did the rocker and posted in another link here with the birds (which went to my 82 year old mom who is into crafting etc), I got the crazy idea to do one for my daughter who is into all things elephants.

I found a line drawing of an elephant on line and printed it out. Do you have any idea how hard it is to shrink and elephant down to bird size LOL

Anyway here is the final result. I'm pretty happy with it. My daughter was extreamly happy with it, and her kids are hinting at me making something for them along the lines of the rocker... I think I have unleashed a monster here...

Some of you craft sellers might want to look at this as a sales item. The pattern is free ( the bird rocker) from scroll saw magazine. I can provide a link if anyone is interested. The original pattern lends itself to all sorts of mods I think. My oldest daughter likes dolphins so I suspect I will be doing one with a dolphin soon LOL
rocker elephant.JPG 

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice and great idea

Reply with quote  #3 
Sweet. I don't know if I have ever seen a rocker with a clock in it.

If you have a scanner you can scan line drawings or load your downloaded drawings into Inkscape an convert them into vector graphics that you can shrink or in large to any size you like.

It would be nice if John's plans came with vector versions of the patterns.

I started out using bit map graphics and made lots of patterns with them before I figured out how easy it was to to do with Inkscape. Now the first thing I do with a new project is get it into Inkscape.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us