You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #1 
I have just finished making my first Rocking Horse, I made it from American Tulip and Meranti.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 68, Size: 1.13 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: image.jpeg, Views: 63, Size: 1.37 MB 

richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #2 
If anyone has any comments or advise, I would love to hear from you.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
That's a very nice job Richard, the wood is perfect for the application. Would that be Tulip Poplar that you used?
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for your comments, I live in the uk, the wood yard just called it American Tulip. I haven't used much hardwood in my projects because of the cost, all hardwood is expensive in the UK.
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
I do not know how I have missed this. It is fantastic workmanship and a beautiful choice of woods and tones. I love it. This is as nice as any I have ever seen. Do you have any pictures to share of it being built. We could learn a lot from you about how to do precision and high quality work. Thanks for sharing.
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #6 
Wow
John thank you for your kind comments, I have spent many hours in my shed/workshop at the end of my garden ever since I stumbled across your website, I can honestly say that Toymakingplans have changed my life completely, all I think about is making toys from your site.
I am completely rubbishy at selling them, i have done a few craft fairs,which I have done very well at but I give most of them away to friends and family.

Thank you for such a fantastic web site.
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #7 
I showed the Rocking horse to some of my wife's friends, they loved it. One of them asked if i could make her daughter a much smaller toy one, after checking out the PDF, i came across page 15, i used this page to scroll saw a scaled down version, i have orders for 6 of these.rocking horse small.jpg
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #8 
Unfortunately when I'm in the workshop I don't take any pictures, I will start from now on.
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #9 
Well, it is good to hear from someone as addicted as I am. Lots of mornings I am up by 4 AM and working on toy designs. Your work is truly outstanding and we hope to see a lot more of it! The scaled down version is a great idea. It is really beautiful in this scale. It looks as if it is about 10" long. Love it!
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
I stop every few minutes and shoot a photo of the building steps with my smart phone. That's been a godsend to me and I've had a lot of fun sharing the shots. The phone takes pretty good photos.
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #11 
I have been asked to make a Fort/Castle for a friends child. I have searched and searched to find a detailed one, but have turned up a blank.is this something you may consider designing soon.
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #12 
That is a fun project. Are you building for a back yard kid size castle or a table top version?
richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #13 
It's going to be a table top fort/castle. I had one made for me by my father all those years ago, but can't seem to find any plans on the Internet
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Richard,

I have been working on a modular castle design for over six years that has been eating up my spare time. You can start with just a couple of towers and walls and have a finished toy that can be added to over time. My problem with it is that I get to points I don't want to do anything else. So...it has grown completely out of control as a project. I have completed all of the pattern drawings for everything you see here. The people are are 4" to 6" tall. The castle tower bases are 6" x 6" and the overall size of the castle in the picture is around 50" wide.

Note: Animals and people all have image art that you can print on a home computer printer and decoupage onto the wood cutouts.

The plan set is HUGE in number of pages but every component is actually very quick and easy to build. There are just so many of them! I guess I could break it down into a whole product line of toy plans that are just for the castle set. I don't know quite what to do yet. And I have a business to run and that alone keeps me very busy.

If you are interested in more info drop me a private message through the forum so we can communicate off-line. I am a castle fan, too and we would fill up the forum with our discussion! Or maybe we should start a new Castle Topic...

castle-toy-protoype.jpg  knight005.jpg  royalfamilyWEB.jpg  castle009.jpg  mini-castles.jpg 

richard pincombe

Reply with quote  #15 
Hi john I have sent you a private message, but I don't know how to enable private messaging, you are welcome to email me. I am very excited about the castle project.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us