You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #16 
Hi Llyod,

Welcome back. Wow your new house is to die for!!! The woodwork is absolutely amazing!

Thanks for sharing your army models. I built a Willys jeep some time back and enjoyed it immensely.  I managed to get a plan from the USA which I used to a certain extend. Contact me if you would like the plan.

I had just got started getting used to the Rhino programme when my 90 days lapsed. In terms of our currency it is unfortunately to expensive for me to purchase. It is however a very nice program.

Looking forward to your new build.

Regards

Dolf
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #17 

Thank you John

You know John Nat kept telling me she as land where we could make new home but i not go and look till about 7 months ago and her land is was as far as you could see and more.  Could not believe i not go look before.  Hope to make new work shop too next year. Yes that is Nat she not look it but she is 37 years old.

Thanks Jeremy

Hi Dolf

Thanks for the offer of plans Willys jeep I would like see the plans for the wheel profile. This internet USB stick I have got is crap hard me to look at photo references on web and signal no good bean off now  for 3 days come back on this morning.  Yes all the 3d software are bit expensive think Robert McNeel what make Rhino 3D should make a lite version so we can afford to buy it

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #18 

The last two of the designs now before i start to make them all. (Mongoose bike and cartoon truck).

Rainy season here now and stop working on my home for about 3 or 4 months. So now i will start to make all of the models in about one week. Hope to have internet at my home before i start the willys jeep so i can do videos on making the car. I will take many photos of making all of the models as i make them.

Untitled - 2.jpg 
Untitled - 3.jpg 
Untitled - 4.jpg 
fin.jpg 

Tony

Reply with quote  #19 
Looking forward to this.
Tony

Reply with quote  #20 
All your drawings are darn interesting Lloyd, wishing you the best on your house and I wish I was able to jump in and help you. Will you once again have the same tooling setup as your previous builds?
Buzz Numan

Reply with quote  #21 
Can't close my mouth .. The designs are amazing so looking forward to seeing the updates here

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #22 
Hi Lloyd,

This is amazing work and very creative. The designs are also carefully detailed so they can be made in wood. You have a real talent for this. Please send me a personal email at: johnwlewman@gmail.com. I would like to have a conversation with you privately about possibly working together on  new designs.

Thanks! John
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #23 

Hi John

I will send you Email today and look forward to talking with you.

Yes all my models I make is if I am making them from wood and not as a 3d model.

And today BB internet come to my home and tell me tomorrow put my internet on at my home one mile of cable just for me to get my home and for free. Probably because I nag them so much.

Hi Bucko

Come for working holiday if want I can find you many jobs to do here. Yes my tools the same I have now got second hand router and made a table for it should make it bit easy for me. Here is a photo of my new work shop and I making my new home of this table too.

WORKSHOP - 1.jpg 

BadBob

Reply with quote  #24 
The truck wonderful.

Did you make the table?

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #25 
At last I can start to make tomorrow I am going to make first the commando helicopter from toymakingplans.com. I found this piece of wood this morning I not know what wood it is but very heavy and I think it will be nice when finished.

SAM_8153.JPG 

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #26 

Well i have ago at cutting the wood today and it very hard to cut and it coat on fire when cutting. This is where i could do with bandsaw. I have got a second hand router and made a table for it but to big for these small pieces .Think it will break many blades on Scroll Saw but is beautiful wood so i will give it ago. Hard to find nice wood in Thailand and i want to make some models without painting them for my new home. Commando Helicopter made some small changes to the design. Start working on it tomorrow.

SAM_8156.JPG 
SAM_8158.JPG

AP.24.png 

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #27 
That is a beautiful piece of hardwood. I hope you take some photos as you work and share them with us! We are excited to see the re-design of the copter.
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #28 

it's taken me all day to cut the bottom piece and maybe a full day tomorrow sanding to shape. it is the hardest wood i have cut. Can someone tell what wood this maybe. Nat told me it as been here many years.

SAM_8159.JPG 

Tony

Reply with quote  #29 
Could it be Ipe. We used it for decking. Very hard, colouring looks the same. Just my nickels worth.
Tony

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #30 
I think that you have found quite a treasure. The wood you are using appears to be Lignum Vitae, a wood that is on the verge of extinction. 

Lignum Vitae is Latin for "Tree of Life"and grows mainly in tropical climates. It is the world's densest wood and has such unusual properties that the USS Nautilus, the world's first nuclear-powered submarine, has its aft main shaft strut bearings made out of the stuff. In addition to being strong, hard, heavy, dense, water and salt water resistant, Lignum Vitae contains natural oils that make Lignum Vitae bearings self-lubricating.

The USS Nautilus isn't an anomaly. Lignum Vitae has been used as propellor shaft bearings in conventional ships. Hydro-electric plants dating back to the 1920s have used bearings for their turbines made out of Lignum Vitae.

I have tried to use this for toys but my tools will not cut it. It is literally like working iron.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us