You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #31 
Hi Tony & John

When you say Tony maybe Ipe I did look on Google and yes it does look like Ipe but I have cut Ipe before and it not as hard as this. When I first cut the wood it look a red colour now I sand the wood a bit it as gone brown colour Just hope the wood not go to dark when I put the polyurethane on. John you could use this as a main shaft and bearings when I was cutting the wood I did think to my self maybe better in a milling machine it is like working iron. Nat tells me is as been in the ground for about 20 years or more. Today I have got to try to sand to shape to the top body and I know it not going to be easy but I am not going to give up on it. Put more photos on the forums to night where I am up to for you all to see.
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #32 
Take me all day to sand but now it is in place need to trim the front and back a bit and get some fine sandpaper to finish it. When I started this project i did think it would take me about two days to make I think it is going to take two more days to do the side bits. As you can see on the photo the wood as change color again.

SAM_8163.jpg 

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #33 
This is going to be a beautiful toy. The contrasting woods add a lot of excitement to the fuselage. Congrats on handling that tough dark wood. I know how tough that stuff is.
Udie

Reply with quote  #34 
Lloyd
Looking good my friend.
Looking forward to seeing the finished assembly.

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #35 
Thanks John
It as been very hard work to cut I not use again for toys not got the tools for it. Make something with it in my home.

Hi Udie
Looking forward to seeing the finished to. I not think it take me this long to do. But if it look nice when finished I will be happy.

Got two sides made today and could finish tomorrow but I have to take Nat out for the day.

SAM_8164.JPG 

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #36 
Looking good!
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #37 
Got to get some polyurethane tomorrow and bit more sanding then finished not going to put the guns or man on is for a ornament for the home. It as been hard work with the wood but very happy with it.

SAM_81713.png 

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #38 
This is a beautiful keepsake Lloyd. The two tones of wood add a lot of charm. I really like the modifications that you have made to improve the design.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #39 
Very nice.  The wood sure did change colors in the short time you worked with it.  Glad you stuck with it.  This is a good thread reading about various hardwood types.
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #40 

Thanks John & Cindy

The wood as very unusual properties it changes colour when you sand it. If you sand it in a straight line it go brown colour or if you sand and Rotate when sanding it go red colour but you sand with a fine sand paper it go speckle colour and if you keep the sandpaper in your hands it burns your hands after about 20 seconds.

I know did say before i not use this wood again but i am going to make the Apache Helicopter with it keep all Helicopter models  the same. And maybe start to make tomorrow.

H3.51.jpg 

Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #41 
Lloyd,

The 2 types of wood used, really compliment each either very nicely. The helicopter came out beautifully!!

Nice job. Well done!

Regards

Dolf
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #42 

Thanks Dolf

Because of you dolf i am making them in wood when i saw the John Deere Tractor and cars you made they all looked beautiful made from nature wood. And that is what I want for my home all in nature wood.
Got started this morning with the Apache Helicopter and hope to get a few hours on it tomorrow.   

SAM_8180.JPG 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #43 
Lloyd,
That is one fine piece of craftsmanship. This is easily one of the best pieces I have seen in a while. 
Thanks for sharing this as it gives me at least something to shoot for in the skill level.[thumb]

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #44 
Hi Lloyd,

You are a master designer and builder. This is a wonderfully beautiful design that you have created. We look forward to seeing the step-by-step posts of this great design. Again, I bow to you.

John
Lloyd

Reply with quote  #45 
Thanks ed357sw & John

Got a bit more done today made the two wings for front and back and back propeller & top for main propeller to sit on.
Photos not very good going to dark here now try to get some better photos tomorrow.
And get a few more hours working on it tomorrow.

SAM_8189.JPG 
Untitled - 2.jpg 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us