You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mhein68

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all, I am new to scroll saws.. I am 48 married With one daughter (adopted from Thailand)My great grandpa was a cabinet maker and dad was a woodworker also..So you can saw it in my bloodline...I been checking out all the categories and am loving it all! Now the question.. I have been given a Duracraft ms-18 (22518)... can anyone point me in the direction about this saw (manual,reputation)? What little I have done it works good.. had a built in blower but it is dry rotted...Any information would be great! Thanks!
20160624_183108[1].jpg

Reply with quote  #2 
Your probably not going to find much on this saw. It looks like Duracraft made mostly appliances. Now days the brand is associated with aluminum boats. If its castiron It may be one of the many saws that were made in Taiwan. They all work pretty much the same way. If it's one of the stamped sheet metal saws IMO its scrap metal.

If it uses pin end blades I would not spend any money or time on it. If it is in good shape use it.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

mhein68

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Bob.. I will try to make work till I find a better one..

Reply with quote  #4 
Like you said Mike- it works good. Your good to cut till you decide or find another.
mhein68

Reply with quote  #5 
Was doing some Craigslist surfin and came across this Buffalo Brand saw.. It is totally the same as my Duracraft!! 
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/tls/5549065735.html

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhein68
Was doing some Craigslist surfin and came across this Buffalo Brand saw.. It is totally the same as my Duracraft!! 
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/tls/5549065735.html

There are conversion kits available that convert these to pinless blades. This will give you a much better blade selection and let you do some very fine fretwork. If it doesn't already use pinless blades.

You can get Olson's version here.

If it is already set up for pinless blades you can get blade holders here.

He also sells a retrofit kit.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

obxwoodtoys

Reply with quote  #7 
When I use my band saw I changed the blade guide to one that lets me do the same cuts that I was doing with my scroll saw
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us