You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dmjones

Reply with quote  #1 
I have a Dewalt 788. I load my blade thru the top of my work piece and connect it on the bottom of the saw. I have noticed the blade always bends at the connection point on the bottom and then when I feed it thru the top it won't go thru the hole because it is bent. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent it from bending?

Thanks,
David
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
David,
Not exactly sure what your experiencing here ( maybe a picture would help for sure)

I have this same saw and an have never had the issue you are having.

I always keep my blade fixed at the bottom and raise the arm and slide the blade through the holes for inside cuts.

I'm sure others will chime in, but again maybe a couple of pictures will open up some suggestions ....

Reply with quote  #3 
I, too, have the same saw.  I keep the bottom of the blade clamped, too, and feed through the bottom of the piece I am working on.  I use a board to keep the arm of the saw up and out of the way if it is a hard spot to feed the blade through.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi - I have the same saw too.  I leave the bottom in and feed from underneath.  I think I know what you are saying about a bend.  If I need to cut in the center of a piece, sometimes the angle is such that it causes a bend in the blade.  I make my pilot holes close to an outer edge then the angle of entry is not so extreme. 
Cindy
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #5 
This is all to do with a domed shape grub screw forcing the blade to bend simple as and nothing to do with the make of blades. You can adjust the grub screw or flatten the grub screw or  switch the screw to the other side or not worry and get you pliers and straighten the end. Happy days[smile]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
dmjones

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks to all of you who have replied. I guess I will start putting my blade in from the top. I just don't like it because the arm doesn't stay up.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #7 
DMjones,

The arm not staying up is a simple thing to fix. I'm cheap so I use a scrap piece of wood to hold mine up.
Search for "Steve Good" on youtube and he reviews a couple of after market attachments that hold the arm up as needed. He does a review on 2 different attachments... they are much more efficient then my scrap board LOL but then again my board was free [smile]

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks Ed. I'm right there with you (on the cheap side) so I will be using a block of wood too. Sometimes I wonder why I don't think of something so simple? Oh yeah, I am familiar with Steve. He has really got his youtube going good since his retirement.
Stevenm01

Reply with quote  #9 
I use Steve Good's   "Dewalt Man"   ...It is a cutout of a little man designed for holding up your Dewalt scrollsaw arm... Download at Scrollsaw Workshop.   You can cut it out of scrap in about five minutes.
  Enjoy!  

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks Steve. I will check it out
Hambone

Reply with quote  #11 
First, never purchase a saw if the arm doesn't go up (that's why I bought a Dewalt 788).  Second, to begin I fasten the blade from the top then secure at the bottom. I used to do bottom first then top. Third, just use a piece of scrap wood to hold the arm up when feeding the blade from the bottom  through the wood.

Hambone

Hambone
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us