You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Keith Harrison

Reply with quote  #1 
I started making Wooden Toys about 9 months ago and  have made a number of toys from various plans from this site. Having spent nine months admiring what other people have produced I thought it was high time I jumped in with both feet and shared some of my humble attempts.
Like many of you I was excited by the new EasyBuild Giant trucks and as no one as yet put any examples on line, here is my latest creations.

Dump image1.JPG 

Dump image2.JPG 

Digger image2.JPG 
Digger image6.JPG

The two trucks are made from a pine table and four wooden chairs I bought on Ebay for about £2.50.  As I had some wood left over I also made a version of the prototype Tow Truck John and Cynthia showed in their post.

Tow image2.JPG  Tow image3.JPG

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nicely done and I'm glad you posted the pictures of your work.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #3 
These are great.

I need to build some of the big tucks. I asked ny grandson the other day how big a truck I should make he stretched his hands as far apart as he could reach. "Dis big." he said.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Keith Harrison

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks to both of you.
I've seen the things you both make and I'm not in your league as yet.

I would definitely recommend them for your grandson. It only took me a couple of weekends to make all three. With his help I'm sure you will be even quicker.
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #5 
This is a very nice build Keith I like it. This is my only Hobby and I love building toys each time I give one away the smile on there face is worth it. I can't wait to retire in Dec. so I can spend more time in my shop.

Reply with quote  #6 
Unfortunately retirement is quite a few years off for me, so toy making is only a weekend pastime. I gave away everything I had made just before last Christmas, but now the pile is starting to take over the spare room so I'm going to have to find new homes for them fairly soon or I'll be in the dog house again
BadBob

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Harrison
Unfortunately retirement is quite a few years off for me, so toy making is only a weekend pastime. I gave away everything I had made just before last Christmas, but now the pile is starting to take over the spare room so I'm going to have to find new homes for them fairly soon or I'll be in the dog house again

You might consider donating some of them to a local preschool.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Rod T

Reply with quote  #8 
Fantastic work Keith and welcome to the forum.

Did you put a finish on these? or are they raw?
Hard to tell

Cheers
Rod T

ctowne

Reply with quote  #9 
Very nice builds Keith. 
Keith Harrison

Reply with quote  #10 
For once in my life I followed the instructions and they have two coats of clear varnish. I usually use Cynthia's wax as it gives a nice finish and a soft child friendly feel.
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Harrison
For once in my life I followed the instructions and they have two coats of clear varnish. I usually use Cynthia's wax as it gives a nice finish and a soft child friendly feel.

Keith, where did you get the patterns and what are the dimensions of the trucks.
Keith Harrison

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi PaPa Jack

The plans are the Easy Build Giant Dirt Loader and Dump Truck John and Cynthia brought out a couple of months ago.

http://www.toymakingplans.com/website/PlanSets/easybuildgiant_dirtloader_dumptruck.html

The Tow truck is my version of the truck that John and Cynthia had in their prototype post but did not make it to release (Hopefully it will soon as I think its a great truck)

http://forums.toymakingplans.com/post/easy-build-giant-sand-box-dump-truck-prototype-8491281?&trail=15

Both truck are around 20" long, 7 1/22 wide and 10 1/2" or 14" high and quite heavy. If you want to make a truck for an older child I would really recommend them. They have a minimum number of parts. I made all three in two weekends. To be honest the longest part is waiting for the varnish to dry. I'm think about a crane version based on the Dirt Loader. I believe it should be fairly easy to change the arm to a movable jib. 

But first there is a forklift truck in a book of plans my daughter bought me for Father's Day that has a simple self-locking  winch that I want to try out. If it works I'll post the design on the How to section

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us