You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dansnow

Reply with quote  #1 

This project started out as the Famous Kenworth Semi, but I decided to modify it some what. I started by detailing the interior of the cab with cabinets and bunk in the sleeper, instrumented dash, shift lever, and deluxe steering wheel. On the exterior I enclosed the roof completely added a windshield frame and rear view mirrors as well as driving lights on the front bumper. In the rear of the cab I did awqay with the peg in a hole connection and made a locking, pivoting fifth wheel, then added air hoses, load locks, brake lights, mud flaps and a license plate. 

For the box I changed the rear door to actual double doors, added a reefer unit to the front and marker lights on the corners of the box and then designed a frame for the trailer that included movable tandem wheel assembly, a fuel tank for the reefer, landing gear and a kingpin for the fifth wheel. On the rear I added brake and signal lights plus a DOT bumper.

Finally I decided to add a flat bed trailer, not on the plans. It's finished in various dyes and stains, Testors silver model paint for the silver bits, Acrylic craft paint for the marker lights and interior details. Then everything got an over coat of Gloss clear lacquer. 

It's made from wood I had on hand so there's birch, pine, poplar, birch plywood and I think a bit of maple.

I might have gotten a little carried away, maybe?

IMG_20170523_150624634.jpg  IMG_20170523_150721972.jpg  IMG_20170523_150738556.jpg  IMG_20170523_150750973.jpg  IMG_20170523_150814482.jpg  IMG_20170523_150922185.jpg 

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
Nope I don't think you got carried away at all.

This is a very nicely done detailed assembly.

Thanks for sharing this wonder rig....

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
This is a beautiful Kenworth wood toy truck set. I love every detail of it and am impressed with the workmanship and artistry of it. Thanks for sharing.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #4 
The air hoses are a nice touch and I love the purple.

When you get time it would be good of you to post smething about how you use the dyes.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #5 
WOW I really like this good job.

Reply with quote  #6 
That is super cool. 
dansnow

Reply with quote  #7 
BadBob, this is the brand of dye I discovered recently and have been using quite a bit. It's a simple brush on, wipe off dye, non-toxic, and water cleanup for your brushes. However, being a dye, rubber gloves are recommended when using. I let it dry for 12-24 hours between coats if desired, then 24-48 hours before top coating. I usually use clear spray lacquer.

91zQCFy5hsL._SL1500_.jpg 

BadBob

Reply with quote  #8 
I'm going to have to give dye a try. I can get it at Wal-Mart for $5.99. I have to order it but thats not a problem. I drive right by there once a week.
Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #9 
Certainly different, nice dye job looks great.[thumb] 

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
calhanton

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Dan
I am building the same unit at this very time, and should be largely finished after the weekend, as its the painting that takes the time. I have also done many variations to suit Australian conditions by installing a Bull Bar and lights on the bumper, bed and cabinets in the sleeper, bucket seats in the cab plus the mudflaps etc on the rear. I have converted the trailer to a tri-axle unit with dual tool boxes and spares ready for the long haul. The rear doors are also now a pair with tail, brake and reversing lights on both units. What did you used for the air hoses and how does the turntable work to lock in the dowel?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us