You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #1 
DSC06158.JPG  DSC06154.JPG  DSC06156.JPG 
Hi to all,

I have just completed a front end loader and found it an enjoyable project. Also learned a few lessons in the process. After all the struggling, I managed to get the bin and lifting beam to work properly. Glueing the lifting beam brackets to the bin, was problematic. Changing to a different type of super glue seems to have solved the problem. Pinning the brackets with tooth picks would definitely be adviseable. I also made a mistake in choosing 3 mm vernier board to build the cab. The window frames damaged easily. I had to replace the top of the cab sides and back with solid silky oak.

I used oak and silky oak for the body and imbuia for the wheels. The bin was made from an unknown piece of wood that I had available. It worked fine, but the smell of the wood was terrible!

Regards
Dolf

ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow - just awesome.  The details are amazing and too many to list, the pistons, shovel detail, wheels, 2 angle exhaust.....
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
This is just too beautiful for words. What a masterpiece. Is this one of Toys and Joys patterns? You really know how to nail the details.
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #4 
John,

I have for a long time been wanting to build construction vehicle models. I have contacted Toys and Joys , but unfortunately I cannot buy and down load their plans. They are definitely not on your level as far as customer service and technology are concerned. They can only send their plans by post, which will take ages, and with our poor postage system, will definitely go missing.

I managed to get a few scanned in pieces of their plan, which was very frustrating and led to me working on a trail and error basis. But, yes, I eventually got it more or less done. Their complete set of plans would have saved me many wasted hours!

Regards

Dolf
Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #5 
Wow!

Reply with quote  #6 
that is one great build for sure.

I have seen these before on another site that different folks have built.
The attention to detail is fantastic.

Thanks for sharing this here....

Reply with quote  #7 
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Ian
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us