You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

This is the Grand Wrangler Trailer & 4 Wheeler. 

This one was a tough build for me it had a number of errors, but I let John know and he and his team put them right.

I wasn’t too thrilled about how the green came out, I wanted a darker green.

All in all it was a pretty good project. But I would not recommend it to a beginner.

I am now working on the 1934 Jaguar Coupe with Boat and it coming along quite well.

Thanks for lookin’ Grand Wrangler Trailer & 4Wheeler.JPG  ATV.JPG  ATV2.JPG  100_4878.JPG  100_4879.JPG  100_4881.JPG 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Wow! It was well worth the effort and thanks for the corrections on the plans. This is one that Lloyd provided and I did not proof it well thinking it was OK. My apologies. This is a beautifully done piece of toymaking!
xihunter

Reply with quote  #3 
If I may ask, for those of us who have purchased this set and have not had a chance to build it yet, how can we find out what the corrections are?

Thanks!
Michael
xihunter

Reply with quote  #4 
By the way, GREAT LOOKING SET!!!![biggrin]
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Hey Bill, I lost the emails with the corrections in them. I had a computer update and cannot find them since that happened. Could you resend them to me and I will post them on the forum. You can post them on the forum also if you wish. My apologies to everyone.

John 
xihunter

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you.  I appreciate it.[smile]
ctowne

Reply with quote  #7 
Nice looking - you did great on those wheels.  Great set, thanks for sharing. 
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #8 
Sure, John, no problem.

Here are the errors:

In the Jeep Grand Wrangler:

Page 39: Item 16 - the small hole should be 1/4'’ not ½” to fit into item 18.
Item 17 – the diameter should be ½” not 5/8” to fit in to item 18.

On page 32 Item 4 the call out for the front axle is 7/16” diameter and on page 33 Item 4 the call out for the rear axle is 3/8” diameter. Since 3/8” is a mite tight you might want to go with the 7/16” for both.

In the 4 Wheeler & Trailer:

Page 31: Item 8 – the dimensions and view is wrong. The dimensions should be:
1/8” X 1-1/2” X 4-3/8” not 1/8” X 1-1/2” X 3-7/8” and the full sized view should be resized. See the PDF attached.

Item 9 – The dimensions are wrong. The dimensions should be:
¾” X 1-1/2” X 1-1/8” not 1” X 1-1/2” X 1-1/2”
Page 43: Item 20 – the dimensions are correct but the side view measures more than ½”.

I hope that will help in making this plan for all that have not started as of yet.

Attached Files
pdf Trailer Front Fence.pdf (7.72 KB, 43 views)

My saw is a DeWalt788

Shanwood

Reply with quote  #9 

Hi Bill

He is the plan set what was send to toymakingplans

In the Jeep Grand Wrangler:

Page 39: Item 16 should be on page 49 and not on page 39 and is showing correct dimensions.

See photo below

Page 32 is a cross section view page and no call out on this page.  Item 4 should be on page 42 and is showing correct dimensions 3/8” hole on part 4. And is ok to drill a 7/16” hole but this hole will wear bigger in time and it is not a error.

See photo below

Wheeler & Trailer:

Item 8 should be on page 45 and not on page 31 and is showing correct dimensions and is to the correct scale. Note if you make this to 1/8” X 1-1/2” X 4-3/8” it will be too small. And on the plans it is showing 1/8” X 1-1/2” X 4-1/2” and this is about 1/16” over size allow for sanding to get a nice join between parts 8 & 5.

See photo below

Item 9 is showing 1” X 1-1/2” X 1-1/2” and this fine meaning you can make it from standard wood size and it will fit fine on the trailer chassis and not a error or you can make it bigger like a Snap-on tool box.

Item 20 is on page 56 the wheel and is a custom size wheel meaning you can make it from ½” or 1” or if you buy the wheel online it will be ½” wheel. The wheel i made for my 4 Wheeler is 1-3/4 x 1-1/4”.

1.jpg 
2.jpg 
3.jpg 
3a.jpg 
4.jpg 

xihunter

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for posting this stuff.  I appreciate it and will make it easier when I go to build the set!  Thanks again!
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #11 

Shanwood-

On the plans I bought there is no page 49.  The plans for the actual Jeep only has 43 pages. Item 16 is on page 39.

Page 32 and page 33 is the pattern for the Jeep’s sides with doors and doses have all call outs.

As far as the Trailer, page 45 is the last page and has photos of the complete project with the boxes. Yes the item 8 is a mite short, sorry about that, I’ll have to correct that. See the new attachment for the corrected Item 8. My item 20 is on page 34 not 56.

Just wondering, when did you buy your plans because you have a lot of differences in page numbering. I think I bought mine in May.

Attached Files
pdf Updated Trailer Front Fence.pdf (7.71 KB, 21 views)

My saw is a DeWalt788

Shanwood

Reply with quote  #12 

This is from the original copy plan set what was send to toymakingplans.com

And if anybody needs help with the plan set for the Jeep Grand Wrangler send me a private message and I will help you as much as I can with the building of the wood model.

kangaroopaws

Reply with quote  #13 
I bought my plans on the 19/ august 2016, they only go to page 43 , I have made these plans and the problem I had was with the front bumper on the front of the jeep, I had to modify it twice to get it to fit, it was a lot larger than it should have been, and with the trailer the frame under the trailer was right size but the top section was  1/4 inch to small, just fitted the quad bike but cannot get it to roll off as the bike which it the right size  is just 1/4 inch too wide , but it ended up ok in the end, I did not have any issue with the quad bike size it was correct,
just could not follow the corrections posted , we must have different copies of the plans, the only problems I had were as I have stated above. but have notice on my plan part 8 is 1/8 x 1-1/2x 3-7/8, my part 9 is 5/8 x 1"x5 1/2  it seems this is wrong as well but I did work it out, it is almost 9 months since I finished it and my memory is not good but this is what I remember having the trouble with
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us