You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jagger75

Reply with quote  #1 

hello all I just arrived

this forum is great for people like me who are approaching for the first time to model DIY
you are all very good in your work I would like to ask your advice to start

what better wood to start my first works?

Pine can be fine? I have a lot of different thickness pine boards shall we? I would like to set me up with truck mercedes shall we?

again congratulations to all

Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
 Welcome to the forum and it's awesome your going to build and the Mercedes Truck will be a great build to do.
 I would say Pine is perfect for this build both in appearance and ease of cutting and I look forward to any photo's you can add of your build.
 Now the Forum members will be anxious to get updates on your build as we all enjoy updates.
Peter B

Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome jagger
You picked a great starting point for your first build and like Bucko said updates are so enjoyable
jagger75

Reply with quote  #4 
really my intezione was build Super Hauler Car Carrier then the T600 Dump Truck then the muscle car then yellow wagon etc. etc. ahahha but too many beautiful projects together not to mention the wrangler jeep but I have to give you a starting point to begin to do practice and mercedes seems like a good starting point then we will see what comes next;) before I have to find out how to get 2 different colors with pine boards I saw that I can use a primer or put them in the oven shall we? which of the 2 for to start?
my god you have created spectacular projects:) make you want to construire continuously ahahha
Bucko

Reply with quote  #5 
Yes indeed on the construct continuously, I'm always thinking several projects ahead. Not having done the wood in the oven before but I have noticed it will take some practice to become comfortable doing that, so with saying that I would say the primer/ paint or stain would be your better choice on your Truck.
You may want to use some cut offs from the truck to practice your oven method, have fun starting your build.
jagger75

Reply with quote  #6 
last question and then I start I swear [smile]
I saw that you are very active in creating them in 3d projects I'm somewhat handy skethup you how you use the program to create and then 3D print? my projects with skethup are not so realistic as your [smile]
dmjones

Reply with quote  #7 
I have been using basswood lately. It is very easy to work with and sands very well. Hope you have a lot of success. I myself find toymaking fun and relaxing. Welcome!
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi dmjones, the 3D work is created using either 3DMax or Rhino 5.0 design programs. The realistic images are made with Brazil 2.0 software. YouTube has free training videos for both programs. The companies both have free 90 trials of the full programs you can download. They time out after 90 days.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us