You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Cometoz

Reply with quote  #1 
I have a requirement for some wide 8mm panels (grained naturally) & I was thinking of using laminate flooring.
I may use the Carbide tipped saw blades in the Proxxon table saw and either a fine Band-saw or even the CNC to cut the curved shapes.

I'm not worried about the epoxy looking surface on the reverse side as it will be inside the model and never visible.

Anyone ever tried this stuff? At $19/sq mtre in 300mm widths and dead flat it would be very economical even if a bit heavy!!

T
BadBob

Reply with quote  #2 
There are some toy posted here made from laminated flooring, but I can't recall who it was.
Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Greg

Reply with quote  #3 
Ken Martin did a post on laminated flooring    
"Donated wood for toys" was title of the post  I am sure there is more posts but I haven't found them yet  
Yesterday i was given about a dozen samples of laminated floor from a local flooring store and am just wondering what to do with them and I am open to suggestions

Wooddawg

Reply with quote  #4 
Makes a great template.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #5 
I have thought about this, but haven't tried it yet. 
Sometimes left overs come up cheap on Gumtree etc. 

I had a look at some once, but they were only about 5mm thick and had grooves in the back, so they would need to be put through the thicknesser. 

Some others I found cheap were made of MDF with a thin veneer on the top. 

There are others that are 12mm -18mm thick and solid wood, I'll keep an eye out for these and maybe get a pack next time I see them. 

I would be very interested to see how you go.

Cheers
Rod T

phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #6 
Only made signs out of laminate make sure you suit up on the mask it's bad stuff. [frown]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us