You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
gsmith89

Reply with quote  #1 
I have been busy making some Lincoln logs  for my two youngest grand daughters. I made them some scroll saw puzzles and they play with them all the time . So I thought they would enjoy playing with some Lincoln Logs. They are made 3/4 inch pine and stained with Red mahogany. The notches on the logs were cut on my router table with 3/4 inch straight router bit. Round over with 3/8 round over bit. 20170525_125337.jpg  20170505_122601.jpg  20170506_163904.jpg  20170506_163901.jpg  20170520_144310.jpg  20170520_165729.jpg  20170506_163911.jpg  20170525_123704.jpg  20170525_123626.jpg  20170525_123647.jpg  20170525_125348.jpg 
Bucko

Reply with quote  #2 
Darn nice, I'm sure at one time or another Lincoln Logs have or will tempt us all to make. The pic showing the table saw/ sled , was that used to cut the middle slots ?
Rod T

Reply with quote  #3 
This is great, I have often pondered making these logs. 
Your methods here make it look pretty quick and easy to batch out many logs at a time. 

Cheers
Rod T

gsmith89

Reply with quote  #4 
Bucko I just moved my router fence over far enough to cut the middle notches. I have a log with all measurements on it. You could use a dado stack on your table saw, but I thought straight 3/4 router bit made a lot nicer cut. Than all I had to do is clean it up on my mop sander. Mop sander is awesome tool for the woodshop. It is a little time consuming but I usually have two or three projects going at the same time. It was a fun project.
gsmith89

Reply with quote  #5 
I used table saw sled to cut the length of the logs . I made all the logs with four notches than cut the length. I am not sure but I don't think Lincoln logs are made with four notches?
toynut

Reply with quote  #6 
It's always great to see how other woodworkers do things. Thought you might like to see the router sled that I designed and use to make logs. It will accurately cut up to a six notch piece. IMG_1330.JPG 

Is that a cow in one of the pictures?

gsmith89

Reply with quote  #7 
Yes I m working on a Bessy the cow. It is about done have to paint it yet . I have plans for Bufford the Bull next. My grand daughters who are 2 and 3 love the Lincoln Logs. That is a really nice setup. I like the idea of being able to cut six notches.
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
I just stumbled onto this post. I love these logs and had a set when I was a kid-in 1948. That is a pro setup for making the logs. Wow.
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #9 
Very nice idea hours of fun n those.[thumb][thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Frankg

Reply with quote  #10 
Love the log house and the colors you used!! Is it your own design or from toymaking plans?

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks for the compliments. Some was my own design and some came from other You Tubers. The colors was what I thought my two grandchildren would like. The roof color is hunter green. I also made some chimneys for the log cabins. Painted them red and the girls really like them. Fun project and great thing is they really like playing with them.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #12 
Some plans for you here. 

The instructions are for Shopsmith tools but all you really need is the correct dimensions. You will need a router or dado blade for your saw to cut the dados. You could cut them with hand tools but I don't need that much practice.

playlogspicsm.jpg

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us