You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Meds853

Reply with quote  #1 
Here is the 2nd pony stable set I made for the same customer. Her daughter is only 2, so I felt the mini size was to small, afraid she might put pieces in her mouth. So we up sized it to 1 and half the size. First one was pink and purple for little girl, but this one is for a boy

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1490977335865.jpg, Views: 98, Size: 603.54 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_1490977335049.jpg, Views: 100, Size: 403.29 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: received_10206065477274770.jpeg, Views: 87, Size: 256.71 KB 

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
This wood toy pickup truck, horse trailer and ponies are masterfully done. What a great set and we all love your photos! Do you have any ideas for other toys that girls would like? I struggle with coming up with designs for girls.
Meds853

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for you kind comments. I have done several of the toys and just used "girl" colors. Such as the alphabet train and pet rescue. I too struggle with what to make for the girls. We did a trinket of treasure chest, I will post it. I will pose this question for my Facebook friends and see what we come up with.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for sharing this, I am really impressed. 
I have 2 girls and they are getting a bit tired of trucks and cars so am always on the lookout for how others girl up a toy.

I have this plan and I like your idea of upsizing it. Might have to bring this one closer to the top of my "to do" list.

John, I have built a few toys from scratch "No Plans" over the years for my daughters. I built a wooden toy kitchen cabinet with sink, stove and oven etc a few years ago, this was a great hit. I ended up making another 2 or 3 for friends.
It would be really handy to be able to get plans for kitchen appliances. Like a Mixer, Small Microwave, Toaster etc.
My girls have a few plastic ones of these, but wooden ones would be fantastic. 
Just an idea for you to ponder on.

Cheers
Rod T
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
Great ideas. I will start looking into this. Thanks Rod.
Meds853

Reply with quote  #6 
Some other ideas for girls, high chair, rocking cradle, what about a stoller?
BadBob

Reply with quote  #7 
I made several toys for my girls whne they were small. Two that were big hits and they still have them.

Cradle 00004027-1987-searsksx.jpg 

Top.jpg 

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Keith Harrison

Reply with quote  #8 
Having made a number of cars and trucks I was also looking to make something that would have more appeal to a little girl and came up with this Show Jumping set.

Set 2.JPG 
Rider 1.JPG 

Rider 2.JPG 

The horses came from the Dragons, Knights and Fair Maidens plan book and the riders are the knights with the helmets replaced by the head of the little girl from the Serengeti Safari Set. The jumps are made from scrap pieces from the Zanzibar Zoo blocks and some dowels.

BadBob

Reply with quote  #9 
Nice.

No reason why little girls can't play with cars and trucks. Both of mine did.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Keith Harrison

Reply with quote  #10 
Totally agree. Mine also had a number of cars and trucks. (Could not quiet convince the wife they needed a train set).

I like making scroll saw animals out of scrap bits of wood. Even if I only manage to follow the line for half the time, the kids can still recognise an elephant as an elephant.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Harrison
Totally agree. Mine also had a number of cars and trucks. (Could not quiet convince the wife they needed a train set).

I like making scroll saw animals out of scrap bits of wood. Even if I only manage to follow the line for half the time, the kids can still recognise an elephant as an elephant.

Unless you are grossly off the line making cut outs not one knows but you. I've made hundreds of small animal cut outs. It's a great way to practice with your scroll saw. It's pretty much how I learned on mine.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Meds853

Reply with quote  #12 
Nothing wrong with girls playing with cars and trucks! If I make them for girls, usually do them in pinks and purples. Love the horse jumping set!
Bucko

Reply with quote  #13 
Fantastic job on the result of the jumping set, A + for sure.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #14 
Nice jumping set.  Girls do like the cars and trucks but the first thing they always pick up in my past booths have been planes.  of course, all the fun animals but the planes are huge sellers to girls.  I would say 80% of the planes I've made have sold to females of all ages. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us