You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #1 

[smile] Hello, I am student at State College of Technology of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I'm doing my course conclusion work in the toy industry in Brazil, brief analysis and trends for the future. So for a while I'm researching the market, industry and market research conducted both primary research (field research) and secondary (ABRINQ reports, information in the media, etc. relevant bodies IBGE) is that there is great demand for toys wood, traditional, which are known to develop recreational activities. And there is this demand in Brazil, USA, Japan and other countries there is still great educational toy manufacturers of wood.

My question is, with so many technologies such as next-generation mobile phones, the next generation of computers, video games groans, the time applications (applications) among other things. How can you still be a demand for this type of product? these products in the future, extinguishing the market? what would your analysis of these products? What would be the Anaise of you in wooden toys for the future? and other futuristic toys? I'm hoping and I thank you!

As soon as I finish my research and my work will be made available to anyone.I posted here, because I know I only have a passion for wooden toys, as I am too, and also have many experts!Thank you!

Best regards; Levi Severino de Souza Juniorresearch - college - wooden toys

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
To answer your questions:

1.We hope for and encourage the creation of wood toys and feel that it is the most sustainable type of toy produced for now and for far into the future. Children learn basic motor and thinking skills through toys and wood toys have a tactile element that appears to be timeless and that is very pleasing to children and also to adults. My prediction is that for now and far into the future wood toys will continue to become more sophisticated as playthings and also as collectible art. 

2. Most of our toys are made from scrap wood and this takes the wood out of the carbon cycle and that helps to reduce carbon emissions created by the burning or decomposing of large quantities of scrap wood.

3. The growth of technology has increased the creation and distribution of quality wood toys. In the recent past horses were the beasts of burden and the base of all transportation. Many observers thought that the invention of electrical and fossil fuel vehicles would trigger the end of the horse and that horses would soon be extinct. The opposite happened. There are many more horses in the USA than previous to the appearance of automobiles and other vehicles like tractors and trains. Horses have become a pet, a pastime and also a sport enjoyed by tens of millions of people. 

This is also an indication for the future of wood toys: I have been designing wood toys for over 55 years and the art and craft has grown exponentially throughout this time of exploding technological advances. 
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
Ummm what John said [biggrin]

Most of us on this forum and a couple of other forums I visit are grand paws and can tell you that even with the ipads, and other electronic toy's and even TV the first things that my gran kids pick up and start playing with are the wooden toy's. There is just something about wooden toy's that begs to be handled, driven, moved around etc.
At my age I still love seeing the finely crafted wooden toy's LOL Heck I've been known to roll a few around a time or too right after I make one, you know just to be sure it actually rolls well (that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL )

Reply with quote  #4 
Levi

You got two great answers above.

For me as long as there are parents and Grandparents that had wooden toys of there own, they will keep ordering wooden toys from hand made suppliers.

Also, people are saying more and more that they are tired of the cheep plastic toys that don't even last a week sometimes.  They want something that will last into the next generation, which is good for us.

We will look forward to following your studies and seeing the results.

Thanks

KenFM

Reply with quote  #5 

Levi

I have no children therefore no grandchildren. I tend to concentrate on toys and decorations for special occasions Easter. Christmas. Halloween. Birthdays (for those under 5 years old) as the people that buy my efforts tell me that you cannot replace great wood items with electronic gadgets as they can be family air looms and passed down to different generations. Watch this space as I will be demonstrating what I mean over the next few weeks !!!!!!!!!!

Ken

dastoymaker

Reply with quote  #6 

Levi

I couldn’t agree more with what everyone has already stated. When you step back, wooden toys may have a larger market than electronics due to the added burden of infrastructure and electricity. I could take any of these wooden toys to any place on the earth and a child would start playing with them.

I can tell you first hand (which others here can also attest to) I made a simple squirrel puzzle and gave to my nephews. It was a test piece, painted brown with craft paints. A very rough example compared to anything on this site. I had forgotten about it and after a few later years, my sister in-law brought it up. She said it was the most played with toy her boys had ever had and still have! I made another cut out of a dinosaur with no moving parts and painted orange.  Again, my grand children play with that crazy thing all the time.

When I did a craft show a couple of years back, my main product were writing instruments. I made a couple of toys and puzzles to draw in the parents. I sold all my toys. Pens, not so much.

I’m doing another craft show but I’m using toys made with plans from this site to draw in my customers for the pens but deep down I believe the toys will sell (even though they are just props). I’m also taking Ken’s cue and having a table with Play Pals available for play while parents browse. I can also use those as giveaways. I’m making extras just in case.

John’s toy plans take this craft to another level and had me hooked when I saw an example on Pinterest. His plans are so universal and we are very lucky to have him share with a less talented designer such as me.

I believe you may underestimate the power of imagination and how what some believe is simplistic toy can be much more powerful on the human soul than an electronic game. Plus, You can’t bring those types of smiles on children playing with a handcrafted toy from any video game.

Just my thoughts.

Russ

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you Russ for your very high level comments. And thanks for taking the time to carefully write your reply. It has inspired me and I am sure all of us to get out in the shop and continue to perfect toymaking to the grandest level possible. Well done!

Please take lots of photos at your next show and share them with us on the forum. Videos are great too!
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #8 
Russ

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts.  

Good luck at your next show.

Please do as John mentioned above and take photos of your craft show booth and your set up.
We can always get good ideas form how others set up their booths.

Thanks again for sharing.

AES

Reply with quote  #9 
Hmmmm, interesting topic this, thanks for the OP and for all the comments.

Based on my own experience (quite limited so far) I agree with all the wooden toy positive comments above, especially the idea of a toy becoming a family heirloom - personally I just can't imagine, say, an Xbox becoming an heirloom 20 years from now!

And there's another factor that no one has touched on so far - the outright pleasure that the maker gets when making and presenting a toy to the target child. For those of us (the majority?) who are no longer working in full time occupations, the sense of well-being and fun that the maker gets is a very good substitute for the feeling of being useful to society (if that's not stating it too highly) that was achieved when working full time.

That's my take FWIW anyway.

Toys that break or otherwise fail to perform only a short while after purchase simply disappoint and lead children to come to "expect" a throw away society.

AES   

I arrive in an upstairs room and can still remember what I went up there for, I consider that a triumph)!
dastoymaker

Reply with quote  #10 
Good point AES, they are fun to make. I will post some pictures when I get some of the toys done.

IMG_6105.jpg 
levy.jr02

Reply with quote  #11 
Hello , ours! I always made sure I'm asking the right place !!! I love this forum ! already I like to thank all of you , for they are contributing greatly to my research with the knowledge and experience of you !I do not know if what I write to to understand well because I use google translator, because as I said, I 'm from Brazil . As soon as I finish my research I will try to translate , because we have regions in Brazil that wooden toys are trend , we have many factories and many entrepreneurs. Besides being trend, we have places in Brazil that wooden toys have been part of the culture. Again I want to thank everyone who contributed !!!

Atenciosamente;
Levy Junnior

JTalbot

Reply with quote  #12 
Levy, I would like to say a few things, but it looks like my friends already have said it. Technology has actually benefited this industry of ours. With the use of our computers, and the internet, we have exchanged ideas, designs, and know how, to become better toy makers. I am an engineer, and after spending a whole day drawing and writing programs for machines in a production setting, my little workshop is a very good way to unwind. I use my skills from the day job, to design new products for my toy collection. I also use my computer to purchase plans from this very site. Things will change in the future, thats a given. But we humans still want something so simple, like even a lowly little toy car.
I look forward to seeing the results from your research.
Jeremy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us