You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
KenFM

Reply with quote  #46 
Udie
I agree with all the posts that Lloyd has great skills and we learn so much seeing his work but is this not an air loom to be displayed in a glass cabinet and not a toy for children to have fun playing with. Just my opinion. I would never attempt to make this type of model as it would take me for ever and I would rather see a child's face light up with a toy I could make in a short time and at an affordable price.
Ken
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #47 
Lloyd, 

When Cynthia and I founded Udie's Forum we hoped to see highly crafted toys like your Mercedes. You have been an inspiration to us and to most all of the forum members who are striving to make the best toys possible for children. Your work is a fine example of the toymaker's art. You have an artistic hand combined with great sensitivity for detail and workmanship. And you make it look so easy!

This is my 51st year as a designer and toymaker and I am still thrilled with all of the posts on the forum from beginners to masters like yourself. My son is 49 years old and still has detailed and somewhat fragile toys that I made for him in 1967 when he was 6 years old. His son is now 13 years old and has played with the same toys since he was a little boy. Both he and my son were careful to preserve the toys and each is displayed proudly in their family room. I have seen my grandson playing with them with great care and love within the last couple of weeks. It makes me feel a great sense of accomplishment and bonding with him and my son.

Thank you from our hearts for the great effort with the Mercedes. We are thrilled to watch the progress every day. We also were reviewing yesterday the Woody Wagon and Yosemite Camper you crafted a few months ago. Could you please post them in the forum if you have not already. They are rugged toys for rough and tumble kids and are more than welcome on the forum.

Happy Toymaking!

John

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #48 

Got all the small parts made today and just the horn to make now and glue it all together tomorrow so on Sunday I will try to take some good photos of the car post them on the forums Sunday

Thanks Udie - The basic scroll saw blades just Regular Tooth about 18 (teeth-per-inch). Just very cheap blades cost about £ 4.00 for 30 blades. And you can only buy once a year when they have the big market here.

Thanks Ken for nice comments on my work. Night time I sit hat my computer desk with a beer and look at want I have made and it make my face light up and smile just like a big kid and feel very proud to see them all. And this car cost me about £1.50 to make and just less than two week to make

Thank you John – I remember when I was about 7 or 8 years old my granddad and dad we spend many hour making air fix air planes and my granddad he was my best friend not just a granddad and he too made toys for me from wood and I took reel care of these toys. And I too hope to give my toys to my son and grandson just like my granddad did with me.

The 1957 Yellowstone Camper + Woody Wagon & Trailer I did post them about a few months ago this is the link for them My post for 1957 yellowstone  and woody wagon and these two car I know They are rugged toys for rough and tumble kids but I not let no one play with them I want to give to my grandson when he gets older he is only 3 years old now and too young to give now.

2154144.jpg 

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #49 
Hi Lloyd

I think we are all big kids making toys.  You should be very proud of what you do, your work is fun to look at for all of us.

It was nice to hear a little about your Granddad and your Dad making toys and things for you and how much it meant to you.  Your little ones are very lucky to have you as their personal toy maker.

Thanks for re-posting the Yellowstone camper and woody wagon.  I do remember seeing them but it is worth taking a second look at your builds.

Again thanks so much for posting all the videos and photos of how you do your work.

One thing you have really helped with is my painting.  I am a better painter now because of you.
Thanks.

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #50 

Thank you Ken  - Yes we are all big kids that is what keeps us going and making toys for them and I see you on YouTube your video and how you talk about your grandson makes us feel very proud to see them play with what we make for them.

The car is Finished now just gluing all the car together now and take photos tomorrow

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #51 
I have enjoyed making this car and if it wasn't for the forums I would not have made this car.
Thank you to you all

1.JPG 

2.JPG 
2a.JPG 
3.JPG 
4.JPG 
5.JPG 
6.JPG 
7.JPG

Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #52 
Lloyd,

Extremely pretty and well done!! Congratulations and once again thank you very much for the hard work and humble willingness in sharing the build with the forum.

You have outdone yourself!

The detail is amazing and your model looks exactly like the real car. I think the colours compliment the build and the finish is fantastic.

Well done! I am looking forward and cannot wait for your next project.

Regards

Dolf
KenFM

Reply with quote  #53 
LLoyd
The finished model looks fantastic. Great skills
Ken
osni chioveto

Reply with quote  #54 
maravilhoso, fantástico, sensacional,whow,whow,whow,whow.
Parabéns meu amigo.
Que Deus ilumine sempre a sua mente, para nos dar o prazer de suas criações.

wonderful, fantastic, amazing, whow, whow, whow, whow.
Congratulations my friend.
May God always enlighten your mind, to give us the pleasure of his creations.

Bucko

Reply with quote  #55 
Gotta love it Lloyd, and a big "Thank You" for documenting the build for us.
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #56 
Lloyd

I can not find enough words of praise for the build you have just finished.  I watched every video and looked at every photo you sent, and still don't believe my eyes.
What a master craftsman you are.

Along with the others, I want to thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this build for us.
I think we are all better toy makers because of what you have done for us.

I may not ever be able to build like you do, however, you have given us goals to shoot at when and if we want to build a Model Car.  The things you have shown us along the way will help make us better when building regular play toys as well.  Things like painting, and the use of small parts you find and make use of for you build.  I am thinking of the computer screen and the use of paper clips, etc to turn into parts.

Your skill on the scroll saw is unreal, some of the things you cut, like the hood ornament was amazing to watch.  You are like an artist in any other media, who has the ability to see something in your mind, and turn it into a masterpiece with your hands.

You are a real benefit to all of us on the Forum and we are so lucky to  have you with us.
I will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
When you build regular play toys from Toymakingplans.com like the Yellowstone Camper and the Woody Wagon, you can and will be an inspiration to us all.  

Thank You.

Udie

Reply with quote  #57 
Lloyd
Thank you ever so much for building, documenting and presenting your build of this spectacular Rolls-Royce. Personally - I have learned so much from following your build. Studying your photographs, watching your video's (numerous times I must add) and reviewing your sketches and I am sure our members and guests have also. 
   The talents you have displayed are in the classification of an artist - my hats off to you my friend.
What you have created, with the methods and tools you have used, just amaze me and have set a goal for myself to someday achieve the quality of yours.
  Thanks again my friend for sharing this project with us and looking forward to seeing other masterpieces you create on the Forum.

Lloyd

Reply with quote  #58 

Thank you to you all for your comments

And looking forward to the next project but is going to be next month I have to leave Thailand in two day because of my visa and will not be back till next month and no internet where I am going so sorry I will not be able to answer you if you have  question till I get back to my home. But last time I went I did design the mack truck.

ctowne

Reply with quote  #59 
Thank you Lloyd for all the work you did in documenting the build.  I too cannot express what a skilled, artistic, wonderful, gifted......craftsperson you are.  Your work is amazing and gives me new levels to set the bar for myself.  These "toys" are wonderful and a large part of our potential customers are the grown kids out there.  car collectors love these.  Thanks again and safe travels.
Cindy
Camnight

Reply with quote  #60 
Lloyd what can I say great work,the best that I have ever seen .You are a master take care George
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us