You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Udie

Reply with quote  #1 
Found this on the net today.

Might be something we could build and use.

Photo show 80 grit, a little too course for me, but looks easy to change to 100 or 200.

Sanding Curved Objects.jpg 

IanPlant

Reply with quote  #2 
I saw a larger version that a guy in Australia has made. [thumb]

Reply with quote  #3 
What a neat idea thanks for sharing
Tony

Reply with quote  #4 
this is the larger version

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi, I wanted to tell you about a sander similar to this one. In issue # 45 of wood carving illustrated they make a sander out of bent plastic molding and a sanding belt. I belong to a carving group in Clifton Park New York and our group uses Abranet sanding cloth and instead of using screws I thought of using velcro because abranet has a fuzzy cloth back that sticks to the back of the cloth. I suggest you use velcro with a maxium strength of about 5 pounds holding power, stronger tends to pull off the fuzz on the back of the cloth. Abranet lasts longer than regular sand paper and just tap it and the sanding dust falls out. Our club was putting velcro on tongue depressors with abranet and I had made a bunch of the sanders but while I was sitting there I thought of the velcro on the sanders I had made. We get our Abranet from supergrit.com. They just put it in wood carving illustrated this month. I hope this helpful to you. PS: you can change the abranet in seconds. I've made over 100 of the sanders of many different sizes
Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Ike, I've had a curiosity of Abranet and your post was interesting to me.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us