You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dmjones

Reply with quote  #1 
school bus.jpg Well, here is the start of my school bus. If anyone has any suggestions on sanding it would be appreciated. I also need information on sanding the small letters "SCHOOL BUS" that I cut out on my scroll saw. They are pretty ragged! The little bus riders are really hard to get sanded too. Anyway, thanks in advance!

David

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #2 
Hello David,
Just a suggestion for posting, but you might want to post this in the other section of the forum as this section is more of a discussion of materials etc.

But that said you can make a simple sanding block for the bus sides and then since it looks pretty smooth maybe use a 320 grit to gently smooth down the edges.

As for the letters and the children one thing i do is I leave the smaller cut outs in the waste wood.

You can put painters tape on one side and then gently sand the first side and then change the tape out to the other side.

This of course keeps the pieces captive so I have less chance breaking something.
Hopefully that made sense.....

Also if you look around at some of the late "Ken Martin" posts he has some good thoughts on various sanding items such as nail files, nail sponges, etc.

Anyway bus is looking good, keep on posting progress reports, as "John Lewman" always says we all learn something from other posts..
Thanks for sharing

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us