You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Greg

Reply with quote  #1 
I am wondering if anyone knows if blade clamps are interchangeable between different manufacturers.
My clamp/holder has been letting my blades come loose for a while now and I have been tightening them more and more  this afternoon my lower one broke so do I have to try find a Sears one or will any others work?
BadBob

Reply with quote  #2 
I think most of the ones that are made in Taiwan at the same. I have three saws and all three use different mounting systems.

If you could post a photo.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Greg

Reply with quote  #3 
I took several photos I'm pretty sure you will only need one but I'd rather have too many than not enough
I took some before I removed the table and the roll pin then took some more. 2.jpg  3.jpg  4.jpg  5.jpg  IMG_0221.JPG  IMG_0222.JPG  IMG_0223.JPG  IMG_0226.JPG  IMG_0227.JPG  IMG_0228.JPG  unnamed1.jpg i

dustyoldman

Reply with quote  #4 
Greg

You don't say what model saw you have - so this is only a guess....

Check this: http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/index.htm

The owner, Frank has a lot of scroll saw goodies for various models.

dom
Greg

Reply with quote  #5 
there i was thinking i was so smart about giving lots of info and forgot the basics
 its a
20" Craftsman
Bucko

Reply with quote  #6 
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/newhp.html I've used this site for Sears parts Greg .Ive been lucky and gotten a switch for an old router from this site, good luck.
Greg

Reply with quote  #7 
thanks for the site Bucko but it tells me   parts are no longer available so I'm open to suggestions  I might have to buy a new saw 
Bucko

Reply with quote  #8 
Darn on your part but worth a try---
BadBob

Reply with quote  #9 
I've never seen a clamping system like this before. Try sears parts if that doesn't work out. Ask on one of the scroll saw forums. I doubt sears made this saw ans some one may be able to tell you who did.

Since you are going to need to spend money anyway I would ask at

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/

and see if one of his upgrades will work on your saw. 

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Greg

Reply with quote  #10 
I bought it back in 93 on sale while my daughter was working for Sears so I got it for a decent price
Sears no longer has the parts it took them 3 days to get back to me  and Frank says he has nothing that will work for me, (his reply came next morning )
So I have started looking at new machines and am open to any advise from anyone.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #11 
I had a similar clamping setup on my Makita saw. 
The faces that clamped the blade became worn and the blade would slip out. 
Real pain in the neck replacing blades with this setup, particularly internal cuts where I was constantly replacing blades that would slip out etc. 

After much research into different saws, I bought myself an Excalibur 21".
Very easy and quick to replace blades and really quick when doing internal cuts as the top arm lifts up to allow the timber to be placed over the blade.
Only just bought it, so haven't given it a really good workout yet, but I am really impressed so far. 

The Dewalt apparently has a very similar setup and gets good reviews, but this is not available in Australia. 
Jet have a new one just out which looks interesting, but again, not available here.

Cheers
Rod T

BadBob

Reply with quote  #12 
I have an Excalibur EX21 I bought it because of the ease of blade changing and tensioning.
Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Greg

Reply with quote  #13 
thanks for the input.  I will have a close look at Excalibur 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us