You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Bucko

Reply with quote  #1 
My wife has a gift exchange with just a few co-workers where she works part time and after last years exchange she requested some wood craft items to pass out for the 2016 exchange. As the 2016 started I showed her a YouTube video of a Ribbon Box and with the smile on her face I knew I was to learn to make these. I found the best instructional book I've ever used and it was on making these from the Public Library and the first 2 practice boxes went real well and so thoroughout the summer I made the 3 shown for the exchange.
  Early this Fall Season I came up the the Melting Snowman Cupcake Box and I received the same positive look so the work began on the 4 Snowmen pictured, this turned out to be a combined project with my wife as She painted them and I added the dot's for the faces.
 With the successful completion of these by the deadline time I am now free to work on my own to-do Toy list.
  I'd like to add these were done on the Scroll Saw with misc. pieces of wood with Pine being used for the painted Snowmen. Enjoy the pictures---[smile] 3 Bow Boxes 2.jpg  3 Bow Boxes.jpg  Snowmen Box 2.jpg  Cupcake Snowmen Box.jpg

Peter B

Reply with quote  #2 
Very awesome projects. What sort of dimensions are the gift boxes and snowmen?
Bucko

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the reply Peter and I should have added some dimensions. Ribbon Box is approximately- 7 inches long x 3.5 inches wide x 3 inch to top of ribbon with box being 1.75 inches deep. Snowmen are approximately 3 inches diameter x 4.5 inches tall.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
These are very nice.  That wood ribbon is pretty clever. 
Rod T

Reply with quote  #5 
Fantastic work Bucko.

Quite a few hours gone into those for sure. 

Cheers
Rod T
Tony

Reply with quote  #6 
Great job Bucko, love the snowmen.

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you, Thank you and Thank you for the great replies and Yes Rod on the hours involved but having the Excalibur made it a pleasure and not a fight to do the cuts and I'm positive on you with yours also.
Cindy I must say your mention of the Ribbon as Clever is correct as making the final cuts and seeing it come together creates a moment of a successful feeling.
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #8 
Very nice,
"Steve Goods" scroll site has a couple of these. At the time i had never done 3d compound cuts. I finally did some snowmen and after seeing your beautiful boxes i may need to revisit. The ribbons scared me away.

Thanks for sharing these..

Reply with quote  #9 
Well done as usual Bucko. Very nice . Were the ribbons a compound cut? Did you have to use a jig to hold it so you could cut it?
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #10 
Some excellent cuts there, they look great. [thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Bucko

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks for the positive replys, I'm guessing some cuts on the ribbon are compound as two sides were cut on both the tails and bows and yes after the first one I glued a dowel onto the side for secure holding which helped greatly.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us