You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #1 

Hi,

Here are a few  photo's of a short wheel base landrover defender that I have built. Nothing  fancy, but having owned one, I have a soft spot for these vehicles. I must still build an oil pan to put under the Landie for all the oil leaks!!!

DSC06069.JPG  DSC06071.JPG  DSC06074.JPG 

Tony

Reply with quote  #2 
Sweet, fine craftsmanship, like the colours as well.
Tony

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
That's really cool, Dolf! Did you design it? It's a wonderful design.
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
I love it. You have captured the design perfectly. How big is it? What diameter are the wheels. I have been working on a International Scout which is not as cool but a similar design vehicle made in USA about  50 years ago.
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #5 
John/Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I used the Internet as well as a very basic toy plan as the basic source for my design. Photographs were then mostly used for designing detail and verifying various dimensions.

Dimensions are the following:

- Length       - 226 mm
- Width        - 101 mm
- Height       - 130 mm
- Wheel dia   - 48 mm

By the way, whilst showing it off at woodworking forum that I belong to, I was told by a serious Landrover expert, who owns three of them,  that the door handle on the canopy door, is on the wrong side, It should be on the left side. Now I know!!

Regards

Dolf
ctowne

Reply with quote  #6 
Another great model.  Beautiful wood choices.  So much detail, door handles, mirrors, lights....
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks Dolf. This Land Rover is a favorite vehicle in the USA for hunters and explorers. Your design makes a wonderful toy for collectors and for kids!
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #8 
well not sure how I missed this but very nicely done.

thanks for sharing it...[thumb]

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us