You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Peter B

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, came across this idea on my search around and John thought to share with forum members to get feedback.
Below is a toothed belt approximately 240mm x 1-1/2" wide. Instead of making wooden tracks which can be very fiddly and time consuming, the idea of inverting belt and using the teeth as tracks. I have only seen this on another toy build but figured it might have some merit to it. I was going to do a trial and error build to see if belt stays true without rolling off.
20170109_120836.jpg
Cometoz

Reply with quote  #2 
Good idea Peter - should work OK

Tony
BadBob

Reply with quote  #3 
You should look at how they adjust the tracking on belt sanders. There are several build your own videos and blogs out there you can look at. Basically one of the wheels/rollers is crowned and adjustable for tension and tracking. This should work the same way.

If you use flat wheels with no adjustment the track will likely come off.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

adeafguy

Reply with quote  #4 
This idea looks great.  I have avoided making tanks and half track military toys because of the track problem.  Do you have a source?  I have used CA glue to glue plastic tubing butt end to butt end.  What ever the length of belt could be cut to size.

Reply with quote  #5 
Still working on the idea
Cometoz

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Peter - I have made a few T&J tracked vehicles .... they often use tracking pieces glued on the inside of the track. Pain to make but look good! Maybe you could cut a sliver of rubber and let it track inside a groove or even the space between two wheels.
Just a thought ... a couple of pics to illustrate.

Tony Track-1.JPG  Track-2.JPG 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us