You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BadBob

Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone using T-Pins for toy making? How are you using them?

I thought they might be useful for small parts.

T-Pin.png 

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Rod T

Reply with quote  #2 
I have never seen these before.
What do you intend to do with them?
Use them to hold small parts for painting?

Cheers
Rod T

BadBob

Reply with quote  #3 
They are like large straight pins. Actually they come in several sizes. These are 2 inches long (#32) the longest ones I could find. They are used by dress makers and tailors but I got the idea to use them from balsa wood modle builders who use them to hold parts together during assembly.

My first idea was to use them for painting short dowel pieces 1 inch or smaller. You could stick the pin in the end, paint them using the pin for a handle, and then hang them from a magnet to dry. One of the magnet strips they sell at Harbor Freight for hanging tools should work great for this. Using this method you could paint the entire dowel, or other small part, except for the hole where the pin is inserted.

I ordered 100 of these for $4.95 you can buy them by the pound. I found 50 pound lots of them.

You could use other pins I guess but I think these will be much easier to hold onto than a regular straight pin. The large head should make insertion and removal fairly easy.

They should be useful for some glue ups as well.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us