You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #1 
After two months I just finished my trailer project for my three grandsons and one spare.

170201_006.jpg  170201_005.jpg  170201_004.jpg  170201_003.jpg  170201_002.jpg  170201_001.jpg

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
This is a wonderful design for a trailer truck. Each of the three is well done and appealing. the grandkids are going to love them. You have put the router to good use! What type of plywood is that? It sure does machine nicely.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice, I especially like the trailers.

I've made toys from plywood before.  If you can get the good stuff it can be very nice to work with. The glue lines can be rough on cutting tools but now days even the cheap cutting tools are carbide. SOme of the toys I made from plywood in the early 80s are still around. If I could get Baltic birch plywood easy I'd not hesitate to make toys with it.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
Very nice.  What great design ideas on those trailers.  I like that oval cutout design on the truck windshield. 
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john lewman
This is a wonderful design for a trailer truck. Each of the three is well done and appealing. the grandkids are going to love them. You have put the router to good use! What type of plywood is that? It sure does machine nicely.

its is baltic birch plywood of 18, 12 and 6 mm
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #6 
how to make 72 wheels with a circular saw

Rod T

Reply with quote  #7 
Hmm, very clever, but there seems to be too many opportunities for lost fingers doing it this way. 

He used a lathe for finish sanding the wheels. I don't quite understand why he didn't use this to create a round blank from the hexagonal one that he started with and then use the table saw to cut each one off at a set width. He could even cut a groove on the lathe at set wheel widths to stop splintering the edges on the saw. 

Nice work on the trucks and trailers BTW, thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Rod T

jasonshanks

Reply with quote  #8 
Sliding doors on the one trailer are very cool.  Great work!
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod T
Hmm, very clever, but there seems to be too many opportunities for lost fingers doing it this way. 

He used a lathe for finish sanding the wheels. I don't quite understand why he didn't use this to create a round blank from the hexagonal one that he started with and then use the table saw to cut each one off at a set width. He could even cut a groove on the lathe at set wheel widths to stop splintering the edges on the saw. 

Nice work on the trucks and trailers BTW, thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Rod T

you can clearly see that there is no danger for lost fingers. The circular saw is fully surrounded by the template.
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #10 
4 wheels left and some scrap wood makes this little racer 170203_003.jpg 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us