You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
woodpecker

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm a raw Amateur when it comes to toy making, just started picking it up for a  rainy day hobby.Had some conversation with Udie on this project about the Bow angle and then cutting it to fit. Udie helped greatly and we are lucky to have a go to person like him at this forum. I was working on a idea of a jig for the miter saw to help with this cut, and Udie suggested to post it here, hope it makes sense to you that read this. Once I figured out the Jig ,it makes cutting the angles faster and easier. Also the first project I tried was the Mercedes Stake-bed Truck for my Great Grandson ,a few pics of that are here also.

Work from the left side of the Miter Saw. Make same cut on both pieces, then flip one over to assemble.This is for part #5 the Bow sides

Pic #1cut out line drawing for part #5, use the bottom of drawing,make 2 copies to use because you will be working from the left side, once you see the cut you can make the cut over and over with out a stencil to follow

1.JPG 
Pic#2 glue to edge of part #5
2.JPG 
Pic #3 Cut 20 Degree bevel cut , lay piece flat on table cut at line 3.JPG 

Pic #4, Jig.. The angle side is 25 Degree you use this and combined with the 45 Degree angle on the saw gives you the 70 Degree for the cut. The straight side  butts to the saw fence. I put supports to the jig to give work piece more stability also used a 5/8 brad to anchor to jig. I will use a 2x6 for the jig next time. Use the Bow Master part #1 to lay out angle for Jig
5.JPG 

Pic #5 and 6 After making the 20 degree Bevel cut ,reset the saw to 0 set up 45 Degree angle to the left. Stand  part #5 on edge,line drawing up,stabilize the part to the Jig, with brad, cut 70 Degree angle, do one more piece

8.JPG 

7.JPG 

Pic#7,#8 Unglued or painted,well pleased with results

9.JPG 

10.JPG 

Jig for cutting Part #1 Trace cut lines from plan on to work piece,right side of photo.Lay straight line on mark to make angle. Secure pieces together

12.JPG     

11.JPG 

HPIM3512.JPG 

HPIM3517.JPG 

HPIM3514.JPG 

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
woodpecker
First off - thanks for taking the time photographing and posting your jig.
From what I see and how you did it, it looks perfect and your results show it.
I am sure that is going to help a lot of members when doing this cut.
Second - thanks for the pat on the back, I am now sitting a little taller in my chair right now.
Yep changing your block to a 2x4 will give you more surface to ensure you have you keeper piece perpendicular to the saw blade.
Let's talk about your table saw jig - got a question for you.
Did you put a strip of wood the same thickness as the piece your were cutting under the plywood piece close to the table saw fence. I only ask because I was wondering if you put to much downward pressure on the plywood, close to the rip fence it might tilt your cut just a little.

Thanks for posting more of your excellent truck.

Here's a couple of chop saw jigs I downloaded from the net. They just might be of interest to you for any future challenges.

Chop saw 90 jig.jpg  chop saw 90 jig 2.jpg 

sijilo

Reply with quote  #3 
Is it artificial yacht or you are really making this? please let me know how to give shape in any yacht and if you have any idea knock me as I am planning a yacht group who will provide yacht service anywhere and you can also join in this team
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us