You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Beginner

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,
I know that a lot of recommendations are on site for craft part.com, but its horrendously expensive to get wheels/hubs etc sent to UK, is there anywhere, or any way that I could obtain these items less expensively in UK?
Thanks.
Beginner.
KenFM

Reply with quote  #2 
Beginner
Make your own
Ken
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 

This video shows how Osni cuts out the wheels on a scroll saw then finishes them to perfect round with a hand power drill attached to his workbench. The wheels are about half way through the video.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #4 
I get mine in Australia from here

http://woodbits.com.au/

They import the ones from craftparts and sell locally. Not sure if they will post to the UK.

Postage from the US to Australia is very expensive, not sure if it is worthwhile shipping from Aust to UK, but worth asking them the question I guess. 

Cheers
Rod T
Beginner

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you
Ken:
John:
Rod T.
Beginner
Beginner

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you
Ken:
John:
Rod T.
Beginner
Udie

Reply with quote  #7 
This post might be of some help as well.
http://forums.toymakingplans.com/post/small-wheels-make-your-own-on-the-table-saw-7229899?highlight=udie+wheels&pid=1290492044
calhanton

Reply with quote  #8 
I'm in Australia, but I still find it is much cheaper to buy wheels from Casey's Woodworks in Maine and pay DHL than to buy in Australia. I found they were better priced than Craft Parts. However I am also making most larger wheels using good hole saws and Forstner bits.
Bucko

Reply with quote  #9 
I use Casey's and take advantage of their seconds whenever I can, at times it's gratifying to make wheels for a special use but you can't beat using pre- made wheels also.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for that tip Cal. 
I just had a quick look at Casey's and they are a lot cheaper than in Aust.
So will keep them in mind next time I need wheels

Cheers
Rod T
BadBob

Reply with quote  #11 
I picked a wheel I use for booth to do a quick price comparison. Shipping costs may vary depending on where you are ordering from or how much you are ordering. Casey's requires $100 US order for free shipping while Craft parts requires only $75 US. Since I usually buy in quantities high enough to get the free shipping I picked "1-1/2" x 1/2" Threaded Wood Toy Wheels" for the comparison. I added enough to the cart to get the free shipping and the calculated the cost per wheel.

Craft Parts: $0.1125/wheel      700 wheels   $78.75
Casey's:      $0.075/wheel     1334 wheels  $100.05

In this case Casey's is the hands down winner. I've done similar comparisons where Casey's were more expensive. For what I was buying.

I some times by from Cherry Tree Toy's. I think their web site is terrible and in any cost comparison I've done they were way more expensive. How ever they are the only source I could find for the ceramic magnets I use for for wood toy train connectors.

I think you should do you cost comparison for every order. Prices change and quantities make a big difference in the price. If your going to buy just enough to make one toy you might pay several dollars each for the wheels. If you need axle pegs they may cost twice as much at the shop that has the cheap wheels.

Shipping matters. It's part of the cost.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #12 
You know  you might check out "ebay" for toy wheel's orders, you might find them on there and shipping might not be much as it is from sources in the US....

Reply with quote  #13 
Hi Beginner, I've bought wheels from www,woodworkscraftsupplies.co.uk , good quality and good service. There are similar products on Ebay, just Google - wooden wheels uk.
Making our own seems to be the way to go for maximum choice in sizes and materials. 
Screwfix do a good value set of Hole saws as do Axminster power tools. 
best wishes, MIke
Beginner

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Mike
This is the headline now.

Woodworks Craft Supplies

WOODWORKS CRAFT SUPPLIES HAS NOW CEASED TRADING

R.I.P. COLIN

Thanks anyway.
Beginner.
empyesse

Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks for that Colin, what a shame. They supplied lots of other useful stuff too.

Mike
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us