You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BadBob

Reply with quote  #1 
These turned out way better (three more waiting in the wings) than I thought they would. I had to sand and respray the top coat many times before I finally gave it up and said that's enough. Rust-Oleum, Triple Thick Glaze is tough to apply smoothly. Maybe its technique (operator error) but I've been to school for auto painting and did it for a living for awhile so I do have a bit of experience and know how. It should not have been this hard.

Again the color coat is Behr Oops paint from Home Depot applied with an airbrush. I sure hope they have some paint near this color because I think I might want to use this again.

The exhaust pipes and hubs are acrylic craft paint top coated with clear shellac. This combination works good for me but I sure do wish I could get the shellac in a satin finish.

The wheels a store bought from Craft Parts and finished with amber shellac. I spin these with a drill and put as much shellac on them as I can get.

20170522-190053 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 01.jpg 20170522-190053 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 01

20170522-190114 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 02.jpg 20170522-190114 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 02

20170522-190140 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 03.jpg
20170522-190140 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 03

20170522-190206 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 04.jpg 20170522-190206 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 04

20170522-190228 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 05.jpg 20170522-190228 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 05

20170522-190250 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 06.jpg
20170522-190250 Wooden Toy Car - Hot Rod Freaky Ford - 27 T Coupe - MDF - Lavender - Amber Shellac - Metallic Purple 06

20170306_180418 Paint, Rust-Oleum, Triple Thick Glaze, Toys, Garage Shop.jpg 
20170306_180418 Paint, Rust-Oleum, Triple Thick Glaze, Toys, Garage Shop

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #2 
I like this Bob it looks good I also like that color. It looks like you have lots of things in the wings just not enough  time to do it like me. I hope to retire at the end of the year then I can spend more time on my hobby.

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes, I have lots of things in the queue. There never seems to be enough time. I'm 65 and still working full time and I have a three year old toddler living with me. Yard work to do and a garden to tend and on and on and on. Never enough time. 

Oh and I forgot about trying to get an Etsy store profitable. I only have one grand child and I've been told that he can't have all the toys I make so I got to sell some.

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
These are beautifully finished wood toys. Thanks for all the suggestions and materials lists that you provide. We all learn a lot from you about finishing.
BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm just struggling through this whole toy painting thing. I never painted toys before I joined this forum. My grandson convinced me that I should do it. I sat in font my computer with him and showed him photos where there were painted and clear finished toys some times bare wood. 99% of the time he picked the painted toys. Never once the bare wood although he has some bare wood toys that he plays with. He is my test lab and advisor.

I think we would all be better off sharing what we do. There are other forums I'm a member of that I participate a little in but I don't know enough about most of the topics to even comment. On this subject I may not be an expert but I do know a lot about it and I'm willing to experiment to learn more. At one time in the past I worked in an auto body shop as a painter.

The more we share the info the better off we all are.  

Pinterest
Google+
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Rod T

Reply with quote  #6 
Another great paint job Bob.

Great Colour.

I agree with you, we are all better off sharing what we do.
I have picked up so many tips and hints on this forum I see it only fare that I share any insights that I come across. 

Cheers
Rod T

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us