Author   Comment  
Kwinckler85

Reply with quote  #1 
Hey All!
   My name is Kurt Winckler located here in Washington, IL - USA and am new to the forum and to toy making.  Recently I took a stab at adapting the 1890 Antique Rocking horse design into a reindeer in the spirit of the holiday season for my two little girls.  It was constructed primarily out of plywood and finished with krylon spray paints.  This was my first toy so it's certainly not perfect but I look forward to the feedback!
Thanks,
Kurt

c5.jpg 
c3.jpg  c1.jpg

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
Kurt (Kwinckler85) - Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting your fantastic first toy project build, the rocking reindeer. Very cleaver and gives me and I am sure our members/guests some ideas also. Paint job looks outstanding and I really like your mods to the plan set with the antlers, nose, front mane and tail as well as all the other little extra details. 
In the first photo you posted I see a nice little plate. Can you tell us a little about that and maybe add a photo focused on that.
So, my friend, two girls and one rocking reindeer, how did that work out when they found it - LOL.
Kwinckler85

Reply with quote  #3 
Udie,
   Thanks for the compliments on the design and the paint job.  2 girls and 1 rocking reindeer is certainly an issue, but they are learning to share!  The plate mounted to the front is actually a thin aluminum plate that my wife stamped letters onto.  The letters are filled with permanent marker and I installed it prior to clear coating the project so hopefully it will remain preserved.  She has dabbled recently in making jewelry in this same manner and seemed to be a good application for this project.  
Kurt

nameplate.jpg

Udie

Reply with quote  #4 
Kurt (Kwinckler85)
   Thanks for posting the plaque close-up your wife prepared for you. That is a really nice touch for this future heirloom rocker.
joepeto

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Kwinckler85,
   Very good job. Clever adaptation and very well chosen colors. I can imagine the hapiness of your two girls with this beatiful gift. You are a good Dad. Welcome to the Forum and congratulations.
Joepeto
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.