Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

I just finished this 1932 Fire Engine No 36. I used BBP, Poplar, and Pine.  I painted with acrylic paint. I really enjoyed doing this project and currently working on Osni's 1931 Hot Rod Ford Roadster. You guys have the best plans and have good assembly instructions. I do highly recommend you to anyone.
Thanks for lookin’

-Bill[013[1]]

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4265.JPG, Views: 150, Size: 115.91 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4267.JPG, Views: 145, Size: 114.28 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4269.JPG, Views: 129, Size: 127.52 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 100_4270.JPG, Views: 110, Size: 88.21 KB 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Wow Bill

You really built a nice fire truck here.  Great paint job and really nice photos.
Did you spray something over the Acrylic Paint to give it a nice shine?

You really spent time on the details, good job.
Yours looks so good I want to get the plans out and make another one.

Thanks for sharing.

woodpecker

Reply with quote  #3 
Bill , nice job, thanks for the pics.
Bruce (woodpecker)
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #4 
Bill well done excellent work ,love it. [thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Udie

Reply with quote  #5 
wwalker47 - Bill - That looks really really sharp. Better than the pictures used on the plan set themselves.
Great craftsmanship and paint job. Thanks for posting.
   So, how about sharing some info on the build time, painting time and things like that.
ctowne

Reply with quote  #6 
Very nice.  Great job on everything.  I really like this plan and haven't made it yet. 
Cindy
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #7 
Udie-

Sorry this took so long to respond.

The fire truck took about two weeks to do. I cut each part then paint then assemble. Believe it or not the hardest part was trying to figure out how to cut the optional slot around the hood. I ended up cutting it on the table saw. I set the cut depth and set the fence to how far from the end and that seemed to work well.

The painting didn't take to long I mostly used spray paint and hand painted some then sprayed on  glossy finish.

-Bill[013[1]]

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Udie

Reply with quote  #8 
Bill (wwalker47) - Thanks for posting the breakdown and I am quite impressed that it only took two weeks. The slots and the thickness defined was probably intended to be done using either the band saw or scroll saw - but cutting them evenly spaced from the front of the rad would be a challenge. Your table saw solution worked out perfectly and looks quite natural. Thanks for that tip and I thing many of the members will do the same. I did not notice that until you told me.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.