Author   Comment  
gsmith89

Reply with quote  #1 
I just finish the 1940 Farm Pickup. This was my first attempt at painting. I still have a ways to go at learning to paint. The pickup is built with poplar and the running boards is cherry. The plans call for 1/4 lumber for the base I used 1/2 and used a dado to cut the slot for the running board.The truck brings back memories. My dad had a 1939 ford pickup red. Fun build. IMG_0673.jpg  IMG_0691.jpg  IMG_0692.jpg  IMG_0675.jpg 
ctowne

Reply with quote  #2 
Nice!!!!
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
Nice looking build. The painting is a whole nother side of the learning curve LOL.
You could spend hours getting just the right paint spray or brush strokes... Painting will come as you build more toy's for sure..

Thanks for sharing a good looking build

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
I like the colors. This is coming out really nice.

BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
Looking good. 

Painting is a lot more work. The key is in the surface preparation. 

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Tony

Reply with quote  #6 
Looks great, very nice job

Reply with quote  #7 
Looks really good. I like it.

Michael Lusk
Springfield, Tn. 
Disabled Vet Woodworking Hobbyist

AES

Reply with quote  #8 
REALLY nice looking job!

jmattsson

Reply with quote  #9 
I'm about to start building this 1940 Farm Pickup, but as I was studying the plans I found a few discrepancies/typos in the plan I wanted to point out to the group.  The parts list says to make "2" of part #14, which makes up the roof; however, it is clear from the picture of the finished truck, the exploded view (page 11), and "assembly how-to's" that you will need three of part #14 for the roof.  I'm puzzled about parts #18 & 19, where the parts list says to make three of both parts.  Neither the exploded view nor the assembly how-to's show you needing three of these parts; one of each seems to be enough.  Could be just a typo.  Finally, I could not find part #27 listed on anything but the parts list.  There is no mention of part #27 in either the exploded view or the assembly how-to's pages.
Editorial comment: I don't like the way the front wheels show to the inside of the front fenders.  I might try to sand some off the back of the wheel to allow enough room to put a cover of some sort to hide the wheel.  I also thought of painting the back of the wheel the same color as the fender to see if that would disguise it enough so it is not so noticeable.  Any other thoughts/suggestions?
These truck, painted red, with a Christmas tree in the bed are hot sellers right now.
cynthia lewman

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi jmattsson,

Thank you for your feedback! We've been working some late nights around here [smile] I've reviewed all the discrepancies you've listed and you are correct. I will make the updates to the plan set and send out a revised PDF file to everyone who has purchased this plan.

Here are the corrections:
1. Part 14 - Make 3
2. Part 18 & 19 - Make 1 each
3. Part 27 - There is no Part 27 and will be removed from the overall Parts List

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Cynthia 
daraldf

Reply with quote  #11 
I'm looking forward to the update to the plans. I'm getting ready to start working on this one.
Miriam Janssen

Reply with quote  #12 
Nice build! I love the old pick up trucks and can't wait to start building one.

-Miriam -

Reply with quote  #13 
John I do not remember this one ?!!!  did I purchase it?  I have lost several plans with computer problems.
Hope I am not getting clogged with sawdust in my brain@

PaPa Jack
cynthia lewman

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi PaPa Jack,

If you've lost your  plans I can send you new download links. I have your email address. I'll run a report of all your purchases and send it to you. Whatever you're missing I can then send you new download links.

Cynthia
AES

Reply with quote  #15 
That's a very generous and "customer oriented" offer Cynthia. It's comforting to know because I thiugh I had lost some plans on my PC recently, but luckily found them again.

Happy New Year to all.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.