You can easily make our wood toys with
these plans and common tools & supplies.
toymakingplans.com
View Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All 

ToymakingPlans.com Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News 

About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum 

for Wood Toy Toymakers View 

Cart
ToymakingPlans.com Bargain Basement $3 Wood Toy Plans (Reg. $4.95-$19.95)! Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive 5 Free Play Pals Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with ToymakingPlans.com and Receive Free Freightliner Semi Truck Wood Toy Plan Set Sign Up with 

ToymakingPlans.com and Receive the Free Famous Mercedes Lorry Truck Wood Toy Plan Set
Tips for downloading & 

using PDF plans
Shop All Full-Size Wood Toy Plans
TOY PLANS CATEGORIES:

All Major Credit Cards 

Accepted
Paypal Account
NOT REQUIRED

For Credit Card Orders

ToymakingPlans.com Guarantee

Author   Comment  
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all here again. You may remember on my 1940's truck I rounded the fenders to look more realistic. I would like to share with you the method I came up with to do this. The attached photos should explain it. 20190322_203101_HDR.jpg  20190422_203455.jpg  20190422_203507.jpg  20190422_204147.jpg  20190422_204732.jpg  20190422_205134.jpg  20190422_205350.jpg

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you for this excellent how-to. The step by step photos tell your story very well. The method adds a great deal of realism.
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks John I'm always trying to think of ways to make things easier.  I also made a jig to cut circles on my band saw. I saw this on U tube. It makes large wheels such as the farm tractor much easier. I will share photos later.

Reply with quote  #4 
I like the rounded fenders a lot. Adds realism and interest contrast to cars/trucks that have all straight cuts. I am still gathering shop tools, i very much need a router with table, so i am just starting with the straight cut method on more 2D scroll cut projects. I am attending/showing my first small craft show end of next month, should be a real eye opener in my learning process.
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #5 
thank you Lexie. I have been working with wood for many years. Wood work is my hobby and I love it. But when found Johns website about three years ago it really inspired me to make the toys. My time is limited I hope to start going to craft fairs one day but I want a good supply of toys first. Good luck to you.

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel L Abbink
Hi all here again. You may remember on my 1940's truck I rounded the fenders to look more realistic. I would like to share with you the method I came up with to do this. The attached photos should explain it. 20190322_203101_HDR.jpg  20190422_203455.jpg  20190422_203507.jpg  20190422_204147.jpg  20190422_204732.jpg  20190422_205134.jpg  20190422_205350.jpg
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #7 
This is a great idea.  Last month or so I took a chunk of skin out of my index finger rounding fenders on my router.  This will prevent that problem.  I use my router a lot for small parts.  thanks  PaPa Jack
john lewman

Owner ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
fabulous finger saver! Thanks for the great idea.
Daniel L Abbink

Reply with quote  #9 
I almost did the same thing PAPA Jack plus I destroyed a few fenders when I got to the end it would take a big bite out of them that's why I put some thought into it and came up with this Idea.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Noah's Animal Cracker Ark Wood Toy Plan Set
ToymakingPlans.com Homepage Shop All Wood Toy Plans ToymakingPlans.com How-To Videos News About and For Toymakers Around The World PDF Downloadable Toy Plans Frequently Asked Questions ToymakingPlans.com Forum for Wood Toy Toymakers Contact Us
  how to download toy plans royalty free policy toy safety privacy policy about us