Author   Comment  
KenFM

Reply with quote  #1 

The secret has been discovered how Santa gets all the toys delivered across the world in one night. I have been to Lapland and seen the new drones he is going to use this year!!

You can see why I have not been on the forum for some time. I made one sleigh and took it to my local watering hole to show a lady that uses them to display in her office window in the local town as they have a competition each year. I left the watering hole later with orders for 12 at a cost of $45 each (£30).

I must at this stage thank my wife Barbara for the fantastic job she did making the Santa sacks.

I began to regret the number I agreed to make as the work involved took quite a bit of planning what with the cutting and the colouring. Any way they have been completed well before Christmas. My only concern is I know once they are delivered other people will want one. 

I will be doing 2 craft fairs in November and December so I will make at least 3 more now I have the patterns.

Scroll Saw Magic 1949 Christmas Sleigh

20151004_141734.jpg

20151004_142632.jpg

20151004_142701.jpg       20151004_143640.jpg  
20151004_105743.jpg

Ken

Dalboy

Reply with quote  #2 
These are great no wonder they sold so well and quick

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
I just love this, Ken!
ctowne

Reply with quote  #4 
You have been busy Ken - congrats on getting the large order done on time.  Yes, you will have more orders because these are great.  I think I mentioned before how I like the Santa face.  Wonderful, fun, heirloom piece.  Thanks for sharing and welcome back after the long build.  lol
Cindy
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
You are having too much fun! These are really wonderful and that is an order for toys to be proud of. The workmanship on each of the toys is really of a high quality. It is no surprise to me that so many folks wanted one!
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #6 
Ken-

That's just brilliant! Well done!

I like the Santa bags. Congrats on getting them all done, like Cindy said, you will get more orders.

Thanks for sharing.

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Dolf Joubert

Reply with quote  #7 
Ken,

They are very pretty and well made. I admire the paint job - it is really magnificent!! I cannot stop wondering how you manage it!!!

Well done!

Regards

Dolf
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #8 
Excellent work Santa Ken.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Rsorensen

Reply with quote  #9 
Ken, How did you paint the Santa, Did you mask it or free hand.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.