Author   Comment  
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #1 

This is the 1961 Land Rover & Mini Cooper.  I did it in half size as is becoming my MO.

I just used scrap plywood around my shop. I made the wheels and speaking of wheels I opted not to put the 2 wheels on top of the Mini Cooper and put the Union Jack.  And to a salute to my friends I left in England, I put the steering wheel on the right side (take any way you would like).

The number on the side of the Cooper is not the one provided; this one is the address number of my house.

I liked working on this project.

And as always, thanks for lookin’

Land Rover & Mini Cooper1.jpg  Land Rover & Mini Cooper2.jpg  Land Rover.jpg  Mini Cooper3.jpg  Mini Cooper4.jpg 

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Grandpa Bear

Reply with quote  #2 
You've done an excellent job here Bill, I love the colours. They really make the models stand out.

Thanks for sharing and keep safe,

Nick
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
These wood toy mini - mini cooper toys are the best ever. I Love the scale and the workmanship - and everything else about them.
Tony

Reply with quote  #4 
Very nice very nice job Bill. I really like the paint job.

Reply with quote  #5 
Absolutely beautiful!

- Miriam -

Reply with quote  #6 
These really look good! I agree that the colors are great and you did a superb job of scaling to half size. Keep up the good work, stay safe.
Jim
Bodacious2

Reply with quote  #7 
Awesome detail and on the half models. Seems like legacy would be a challenge in itself. Keep up the great work and sharing your pictures
Wombat

Reply with quote  #8 
Impressive!
 Brings back memories of my early days. My first car was an Austin Mini, that got thrashed around the nearby mountain roads rallying with a car club. Sadly no such luxury as a tow car and trailer to bring it home on. 
I like the look of this set, but doubt I could do the half scale thing, perhaps 3/4?
Keep up your inspirational work Bill.
wwalker47

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for all the nice comments, all. I do enjoy makin' 'em  half size.

Wombat- 

I do love those Minis. Back when I was a teen Morris still made them. And back when I was a teen I drove around in a MG 1100. Mine was black. (I pinched this one from the internet)

66 MG 110.jpg

My saw is a DeWalt788
Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.