Author   Comment  
JTalbot

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello, I have not posted in a while, 2015 was a crazy year for me. I have enclosed some pictures of a project that has been on the back burner for a while. This is a prototype, still working out the details on the mag wheels. I plan on sharing my methods of making custom rims in the near future. The body is made from laminated 2x4 pine, wheels are oak, the wheel insert (mag wheel) is made from poplar. I designed this toy for serious play.
Jeremy

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: FullSizeRender_(1).jpg, Views: 106, Size: 54.97 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: FullSizeRender_(3).jpg, Views: 116, Size: 53.54 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: FullSizeRender.jpg, Views: 97, Size: 54.25 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for posting this sweeeeeet design. I love it. You nailed the proportions of a street rod perfectly. 
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #3 
Looking good so far. I been wanting to do a 36 Ford Coupe with a rumble seat in the back. I have not figured out how to best do the seat as it needs to open and close.

Wheels are such a pain in the butt. I got a toy setting on the bench cause I can't get the wheels to look like I want  [frown]

Anyway thanks for sharing, I love the old cars and trucks...

Reply with quote  #4 
Sweet ride.

Laminated 2x4. This is a big boy.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Sarge

Reply with quote  #5 
That looks really nice, has just the right stance to pull off the look. The curve along the bottom that goes parallel to the ground near the front is perfect.

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi JTalbot,

Nice and looking forward seeing the mag wheels.

Graham.
graeme

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge
That looks really nice, has just the right stance to pull off the look. The curve along the bottom that goes parallel to the ground near the front is perfect.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.