Author   Comment  
blackwolfhollow

Reply with quote  #1 
Here's testimony that handcrafted toys are better than what they sell now. 2700.jpeg 
blackwolfhollow

Reply with quote  #2 
20171225_114750.jpg 
blackwolfhollow

Reply with quote  #3 
20171130_075633.jpg 
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #4 
Brilliant toys but so true.[thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
hobbitgp

Reply with quote  #5 
I love the low-boy. Very, very impressive.
Is it from a ToymakingPlans plan?
Peter V

Reply with quote  #6 
Being busy making the same one. Find it a nice project to do. Blackwolf, do you already have another project in mind? If so, which one?025.jpg

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi hobbitgp, welcome to the site. Thank you! Yes, all of these are from ToymakingPlans plans. I did these last Christmas for my nephew, he's the one riding the low-boy. I milled the wood from beetle killed pine that I use for fire wood. 
blackwolfhollow

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Peter, I actually did two last week.  I did the 1935 Ciccarelli Woody Wagon and Trailer, and the Fantastika Fire Engine Play Set. I was in such a rush I forgot to take photos. I will have to try to get some posted later. I also plan on starting the Hill Billy Hot Rods soon, But first I'm building a Cat track skid steer bed I designed for my nephew. I have no kids of my own, so he gets it all. Everyone thinks I'm spoiling him. 
I am. I'm just building the stuff I wanted when I was a kid, back when rocks were soft. 
Frogbucket

Reply with quote  #9 
Brilliant workmanship....looks amazing... And yes wooden toys are much better than the plastic rubbishy everyone buys from China in the shops nowadays...well done to you.
rob41245

Reply with quote  #10 
I love the Peterbilt. I'm working on one now for a Christmas present to a great nephew. I hope mine comes out as well as yours.Any tips would be great . Really fantastic work.
Rob
blackwolfhollow

Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks for the kind words Frogbucket and Rob. I think most everyone here would say the same thing; just take your time, and if you aren't feeling it, take a break. I know 
I go in streaks. Sometimes I'm all in and sometimes I have to walk away.
rob41245

Reply with quote  #12 
Great advice   Too often I continue when I’m frustrated and start making stupid errors.  I set deadlines for myself which there is no reason for. Being retired my only real deadline is with the Grim Reaper 
Thanks for your advice. 

Rob

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.