Author   Comment  
osman123

Reply with quote  #1 
Taken from the Macho Motorcycle plan only somewhat customized to add detail etc. Note the pedals, brake levers, brake discs, front forks and one or two other tweaks here and there. I've then mounted them onto removable plinths. These were the prototypes more for decoration than toys, so there are one or two mistakes but I now have deposits for 18 commissions from a local Harley club at £100 a pop! With interest elsewhere. So guess whose gonna be busy in the workshop for the next few months.....Hope you like, regards to all....Ade

Scroll Saw Magic Macho Motorcycle

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00349.JPG, Views: 147, Size: 115.34 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00348.JPG, Views: 145, Size: 235.81 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00345.JPG, Views: 129, Size: 131.89 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00342.JPG, Views: 113, Size: 141.82 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00341.JPG, Views: 109, Size: 186.70 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00340.JPG, Views: 98, Size: 154.98 KB 

Dalboy

Reply with quote  #2 
Great bikes loads of detail top job

Reply with quote  #3 
This is amazing.  Awesome details, kick stand, disc brakes, rear view mirrors, gear shift, hand brakes/clutch....   there is so much to look at.  Just AWESOME.  Congrats on the huge order.  On the front fork did you have to turn each of the dowels to get the suspension look.  It looks like the lower and upper portion of that piece is slimmer.   
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #4 
Just WOW is all I can't come up with this morning! those are fantastic.
Every time I see detail work like this it makes me realize how far I still have to go.
I really like the custom wheels, and the exhausts, and the lettering and the well[thumb] heck I like it all LOL

thanks for sharing these wonderful bikes...

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #5 
These are just fantastic photos. I love the improvements and customization. You are a master toymaker. I love it!!
osman123

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote....front fork did you have to turn each of the dowels to get the suspension look. It looks like the lower and upper portion of that piece is slimmer.

Yes the forks wete indeed turned as were the mag wheels/tyres and a few other bits and bobs such as the headlamp and indicators. I own a Proxxon Micromot Lathe which enables me to make things like this a doddle.

Ade

Reply with quote  #7 
This is really great and the detail is unbelievable!! How did you manage to bend the handle bars and clutch and brake levers. The Harley writing on the tank -  are those stickers? I have been wanting to tackle a project like yours, being a biker, but now realise that I will have to rethink and do some more research!

Great work and the bikes are a work of art!

Regards

Dolf
ctowne

Reply with quote  #8 
Good to know about a super small lathe.  I have wondered how these small parts were possible. 
osman123

Reply with quote  #9 
Handle bars are made from 2mm birch ply cut to shape on scrollsaw using a Olson 43200 Double Tooth blade (for really fine delicate work) and then rounded off to shape, using ply in this way gives really good strength.

The decals are made from waterslide transfer paper, the same kinda stuff you get in plastic model kits. You run it through a conventional inkjet printer, then give the paper a few coats of spray acrylic which waterproofs it, cut to shape and apply as you would with a plastic model kit using water. Be sure to seal surface you want to apply the decal too is sealed first with Danish oil or whatever you use otherwise the decal will not apply correctly. The paper itself is readily available from all the normal internet sources such as Amazon and Ebay etc.
Hope this answers the questions upto now, if anyone else wants any tips feel free to ask?

Regards

Ade

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for the reply. I hope I can get the waterslide transfer paper in South Africa otherwise I will have to get it from Amazon or e-bay.

Regards

Dolf
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.