Author   Comment  
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #1 
Finally got the 5 truck set finished. My 5yr old boss (grandson) was starting to get a little perturbed at me LOL

Anyway here are the finished photo set along with 2 of the boss. Thanks for looking...

Finish is as requested by boss LOL I used a metallic sand color I like for the light pieces so that the wood grain would still show. The boss likes green on darn near everything so this is my way to fudge it some LOL

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_-0.jpg, Views: 85, Size: 288.09 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_-_1.jpg, Views: 82, Size: 246.91 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_-2.jpg, Views: 71, Size: 355.16 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_-3.jpg, Views: 61, Size: 310.24 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_-4.jpg, Views: 63, Size: 283.64 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_-5.jpg, Views: 63, Size: 279.28 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_-6.jpg, Views: 64, Size: 289.02 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_-boss.jpg, Views: 66, Size: 437.24 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: 5_truck_fleet_boss-2.jpg, Views: 65, Size: 540.76 KB 

Peter B

Reply with quote  #2 
One very happy and proud boss
Wooddawg

Reply with quote  #3 
That is a fantastic job, I really like the fender you put on the wrecker. That is a nice touch. Thanks for showing them to us. Your grandson will have hours of pleasure ahead of him. Don
Bucko

Reply with quote  #4 
Great work Ed, Thanks for the pictures also as I see the trucks are larger than I thought they were.
Rod T

Reply with quote  #5 
Nice fleet of trucks there Ed.
The young fella looks pretty pleased.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Rod T

ed357sw

Reply with quote  #6 
thanks for taking time to look and comment on my humble toy making. Having been retired for a little over 3 years now this was a hobby i decided to turn to after almost 40 years in the stressful hospital IT world. I wanted something 180 degrees away from that stress.

Toy making is a fun mostly stress free endeavor...LOL

Reply with quote  #7 
Great fleet.  Looks like your boss is very happy with the results. 
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #8 
The photos are great and I am glad to see a photo of your grandson. It captures what it means to make toys for kids. His excitement is obvious and also his admiration for his Grand dad.
schatzie

Reply with quote  #9 
I made this fleet also.  My first "finished" toy project.  I have several others under construction.  These were a gift for my 2 year old great grandson and he loved them.  I ran into one problem.  How do others manage to make the beds of the trucks perfectly flat, i.e. for the box of the moving van, etc, to get a really tight glue joint.  I sanded a lot but they weren't perfectly flat though so far they have held up to really rough play. Would love to have a better technique if I make something like this again.  I used milk paint for the yellow, teal, and red trucks and chalk paint for the blue and green.  I really liked the way the milk paint let the grain show through.  They were all finished with Cynthia's miracle wax! I inserted pictures of all the trucks but for some reason these are the only 2 pictures that showed up.  At least I got the one with him playing with them.    Barrel Truck-3.jpg  lanewithtrucks.jpg
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks Mary Ellen. You are a master toymaker and your photo skills are tops. This is a wonderful post. Feel free to also start your own topics and post as much as you want. We now have unlimited storage on the forum for posts, photos and videos. You can also attach PDF files if you wish.
Brian Lambert

Reply with quote  #11 
Great job on both fleets! The smiles are the payment I think we all look for!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.