Author   Comment  
rdredge

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone.  I just finishing the 5 truck fleet, but have a question about the dumptruck.  When it is together, the dumping part slides back and forth on the dowel rod that makes it dump.  Is this supposed to do that?   Can't see any way to make it stationary so it is always centered and still dump.  Hope this makes sense to someone!!  Will post picture of fleet when completely finished.  thanks  rdredge
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
You ask an important question. This is an earlier design and a revision was sent out a few days after launch that has the bed bottom narrower to fit the chassis closely. I have attached below a simple fix for the wider bed. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you pointing this out to us. I will send a revised PDF plan set to you that has the new design.

The PDF drawing below shows how to add a couple of blocks to each side of chassis to keep the bed centered on the chassis. You can adjust the thickness of the block to make the bed as tight or as loose as you desire.

Pattern File 001-R2.jpg 

Attached Files
pdf Pattern_File_001-R2.pdf (110.42 KB, 60 views)

rdredge

Reply with quote  #3 
John,  thanks for reply.  Must have missed the revision.  Adding the little blocks was how I was going to fix it, just like you did.  Guess maybe I'm getting the hang of making toys after all!!  The dump truck completes my fleet.  I love how easy they are and will be making more for upcoming event in June.   Thanks for revised plan.  rdredge.

The PDF above is the same as the picture above.  How wide should the bed be?  Thanks again
john lewman

Reply with quote  #4 
Pattern File 001-forum.jpgWe would all love to see photos of your fleet on the forum! If you want to make additional trucks with the narrower bed, the dump bed bottom is 1-9/16" wide. The bed bottom needs to be about 1/16" wider than the thickness of the chassis. This also requires the dump bed front panel to be 1-9/16" wide and the pivot pin to be 2-5/8" long. See top view above.
Garrymac

Reply with quote  #5 
Here is my take on the truck fleet.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: 20160407_214636.jpg, Views: 75, Size: 3.51 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20160410_155553.jpg, Views: 69, Size: 3.58 MB  Click image for larger version - Name: 20160407_212157.jpg, Views: 65, Size: 3.16 MB 

Tony

Reply with quote  #6 
Very nice Garrymac, is that fir you used. I really like your logs.
Tony

Reply with quote  #7 
Very nice.  I too like getting some natural branches for my logger truck. 
ed357sw

Reply with quote  #8 
Looks good Garymac,

Seems like John's got another popular set of plans on the the site HUH !

Reply with quote  #9 
What a cool set of trucks. Thanks for taking the time to compose great photos.
Garrymac

Reply with quote  #10 
Yep. The branches are laying around the bases of trees. I send the grandkids out to collect some. Then I strip off the loose bark and coat them in mod podge. After that a coat of sealer.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.