Author   Comment  
Tb07ranger

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, first time posting on forum. My question is what 9 or 10" bandsaw would you recommend for a small shop? Don't have much space so was looking at grizzly or rikon ?? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks, TroyB
BadBob

Reply with quote  #2 
Grizzly has great support and you are dealing direct. You can get parts if you need them. 

I have two Shopsmith 11 inch bandsaws equipped with Carter guides. One configured for scroll cuts and the other configured for resawing. There are times when 11 inches isn't enough.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Tb07ranger

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks BadBob, will likely go with a grizzly bandsaw.
PaPa Jack

Reply with quote  #4 
Any of the three Rikon, Grissly or Jet are fine.  Go to retail outlet and look at the saw and understand how to adjust blade etc.  That is usually  the thing you do most and some are easier than others.  Do recommend you get a 14", table model.  I purhased std unfinished cabinets  which works fine  Think they are 24" high.  That gives you a lot of versatility if you change shop set-up and not worry about floor space. 
BadBob

Reply with quote  #5 
I would stay away from anything with three wheels. I only mention this because you may be considering a bench top model. Your saw also need to to be able to resaw well or you will be stuck with paying premium prices for thin stock. Be sure the saw uses standard blades that are readily available to you. Not only will this make replacement blades eazy to get but, you ca get high quality blades. If you blade is poor quality all of the alignment in the world will not make it cut well.
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Tb07ranger

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank both for your expert info, unfortunately it will be January before I can do any toy making again and will get the bandsaw then. I am recovering from shoulder surgery I had three days ago.
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #7 
I have this one love it and they do smaller versions as well. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charnwood-W730-14-Woodworking-Bandsaw/dp/B005C9AET6

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.