Author   Comment  
happymonkey

Reply with quote  #1 
Though I have not posted on here before I have made a few projects thanks to plans from the site.
I just thought I would let you know my 2 boys Christmas presents I had to make plus 1 extra as when my wife's friends heard what I was making she wanted one for her son as well.
It was a great project but took quite a while and I had only 3 months to make them as that was when my boys asked me to make them.
They love a computer game called Minecraft.
They would play 24/7 if we let them.
They wanted me to make them a copy of a wooden crafting table that is in the game.
It was a bit of a rush but I did finish then all.
Thanks Tim

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20160106_7724.jpg, Views: 99, Size: 55.85 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20160106_5975.jpg, Views: 95, Size: 46.56 KB 

Banjo57G

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi happymonkey,

Great job on the crafting table. I think the boys would have been very happy with that.
Not bad for a rush job.

Graham.
happymonkey

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks.
Because of the real wood effect and the different directions the grain needed to go that I wanted I used oak veneers on the 5 sides, I was lucky and had a different wood veneer for the top of the boxs so it was close to the colour wanted as I didn't want to paint it.
Though I had relent to use an ebony stain on the black lines as I could not get any ebony veneer in time and would not have finished for Christmas.

I had to change the build a couple of times before I was happy with the results.

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #4 
I am sure that it was a great hit! My son and grandson love the game and would also love having one of these to add to their Minecraft collection. Nice work and very attractive.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.