Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
I finally finished the trailer to go with Aaron's landcover and mini, not sure if it will get painted, he was too excited to wait, so I just oiled it for now!
Also managed to build the logging trailer to go with the previously built truck, another quick and fun build. I attached the lights differently from plan, mainly because I don't like trying to drill in the end of long pieces!

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00169.jpg, Views: 54, Size: 580.59 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00171.jpg, Views: 52, Size: 574.45 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00686.jpg, Views: 58, Size: 814.91 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00687.jpg, Views: 52, Size: 515.27 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC00693.jpg, Views: 46, Size: 581.28 KB 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #2 
These really came out nice, Tom. What did you use for the colored wood? The big log truck is going to provide several decades of fun for some lucky kids! Great photos.
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi John, thanks for the kind comment. The mini trailer is from some cheap chopping boards, bought from my local Asda, the wheels are scrap mahogany, donated by friends. The logging trailer is beech, from a bookcase, again donated by a friend, wheels are from some elm offcuts I bought from a timber merchant and the tractor unit is from some pine repurposed from a chest of drawers.
I really like being able to make things from reclaimed wood, whatever the source. Now a few of my friends know I'm on the lookout, I get offered quite a few bits and pieces of scrap wood, sometimes some larger pieces.

Reply with quote  #4 
Neat work love the wood used.[thumb][thumb]

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Dave65

Reply with quote  #5 
Are the blue and red colors a stain or paint? I like how the grain shows through.
john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #6 
I like the look, too. And thanks again for these photos Tom. Your project has been quite an inspiration on these cold and cloudy days. Thanks for sharing.
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave65
Are the blue and red colors a stain or paint? I like how the grain shows through.

The blue and red are Rustoleum Painters Touch, certified toy safe and water based. A single coat straight on the wood leaves the grain showing, while multiple coats gives a gloss paint finish, good on MDF. 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.