Author   Comment  
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #1 
So I just signed up for a local market and will have to get busy making inventory. Just finalized the design and two paint schemes for a pickup truck I'm making.....BTW: the mag wheels are supposed to be CHROME...I bought Krylon paint that had a CHROME lid but it isn't chrome, it's metallic silver. I noticed it said so on the can.

I'm going to write to them and give them an earful.....lid colour is supposed to be the paint colour... pickup trucks.JPG 
(I really should dust them before taking the pics haha)

For those who were talking about bleeding along the edges of masking tape. Notice the black windshield? that was done using plain old masking tape. I just ran my thumbnail back and forth on it to make sure it was burnished and stuck well. There is a very fine edge where the red paint stops, when I worked in a car restoration shop we'd just wet sand this out but for toys? no big deal....it's hardly noticeable....

I was going to put head and tail lights on, a grill, stakes in the bed, bumpers etc but I want to sell these for around $10 each so I can't go TOO crazy on them.....

They're about 6" long, 3" wide......

Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #2 
Muskokamike 
Good luck on your upcoming craft show.
Are you making all your own wheels?
Thanks for sharing you pick-ups.

Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks, and yes I do.....hence why I built my drill lathe so I can get them perfectly round....I really should put it in the tools and machinery section.....
Udie

Reply with quote  #4 
Muskokamike - That's a nice simple design and looks like a quick and easy build. You could add a crane to it, turn it into a flat bed, add a tank, all kinds of options, creating a fleet of vehicles and offer them as a set.
Best of luck at the show. Don't forget to take some photos of your table and write a little something about the show in the Marketing Section of the Forum.
   Headlights and taillights could be the deluxe model and maybe worth $2.00 more.
   Spray can lids, not uncommon for kids to change the caps when mom or dad are not looking. It's always a good idea to check the printing on the bottom of the can also.
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #5 
Naw, the kids didn't change them, unless they changed 15 of them...they all showed "chrome" but were all really metallic silver...

As for photos, I'll probably be too worried about having enough stuff and getting it set up....I'll try and remember to take the DSLR with me......now I have to find some cheap folding tables.....
Ken Martin

Reply with quote  #6 
Muskokamike
   I buy my tables at Wal Mart.  The kind that fold in half then just cover them in black felt.  The Black Felt makes the toy colors pop off the table.
   When you go to your first craft show, be sure and have someone with you to help.  If it is a busy show you will need them for all kinds of reasons.
   Also, you do want to take a camera, if for no other reason, to take photos of your booth, so you can look back and remember what you liked about your setup and what you could change to make it better.
Good Luck and have fun.

ctowne

Reply with quote  #7 
Nice - cute design and you are right, have your price point in mind, that does dictate the level of detail.  Good luck on your show.  Let us know how it goes.
Cindy
BadBob

Reply with quote  #8 
I was thinking abou adding fenders this weekend. You beat me to it.
Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.