Author   Comment  
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #1 
Woodwork has taken a bit of a back seat for  a while, due to other interests, but I thought it was about time I caught up a bit on here! I did manage a few hours in the garage last week, to get a bit of scrollsaw practice in, making a couple of jigsaws for my grandchildren. I'm no artist, but I thought they would appreciate a bit of colour, so I had a bit of a play with some acrylic paint!
The other pictures are various gifts I made for Christmas and a birthday.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: A9_05645.jpg, Views: 15, Size: 264.05 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: A9_05646.jpg, Views: 19, Size: 147.46 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC04222.jpg, Views: 26, Size: 257.47 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC04224.jpg, Views: 25, Size: 249.35 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC06686.jpg, Views: 25, Size: 269.57 KB  Click image for larger version - Name: DSC09668.jpg, Views: 17, Size: 362.27 KB 

Peter V

Reply with quote  #2 
Nicely made Tom,

those dolphins, are they your idea or build by plan?

That candle- holder (we call those "waxinelichtjes") ... beautiful.
What finish did you use for that?

Peter V
TomDullage

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Peter, thanks for the compliment. The dolphins were outlines from a Steve Good plan, the originals had some detail cut out of the bodies, which I didn't like. The mounting is my own design (well, not really designed, I just cut the pieces out freehand on the bandsaw and put them together the way that looked right to me, then cut the resulting block again on the bandsaw and sanded it smooth!)
The finish on the candle holder is beeswax polish.

Reply with quote  #4 
I thought the dolphins looked familiar.

Pinterest
Blogger
Forum Photo Album

LinkedIn
YouTube
Google Photos Toys Album

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.