Author   Comment  
Rosiejane

Reply with quote  #1 
I upgraded to a Carbatec 21" scroll saw (rebranded EX21) at the start of the year and here are few of the projects I've completed. The saw is an absolute joy to use compared to my old clunker.

The helicopter and plane are made of 9mm (3/8") jarrah and 19mm (3/4") tassie oak. They're about 15cm (6") long.
IMG_20190406_122337edit.jpg  IMG_20190406_122616edit.jpgThese 2 chunky cars are my own design. The idea was to make build-it-yourself kits that kids can put together. I've got 4mm dowels going through the body and corresponding holes in the fenders. The middle section is pre-glued so in total there are only 3 main parts plus wheels, axle pegs and nylon washers. 2 layers of 19mm (3/4") pine for body and 12mm (1/2") fenders. 32mm (1 1/4") wheels.IMG_20190328_100823a.jpg These colourful batmobiles were made using a free plan from an Australian site. I still need to work on getting a nice smooth finish. I'm so impatient when it comes to painting. I used 30mm thick pine for body and 12mm for fenders. 32mm wheels.IMG_20190405_174919edit.jpg 

Reply with quote  #2 
Great work.

I know you are going to love your new scrollsaw. 

john lewman

Owner, ToymakingPlans.com
Reply with quote  #3 
Every one of these could qualify for display in a toy museum or fine gift shop. Beautiful work with exacting craftsmanship.
Wombat

Reply with quote  #4 
I really do love your work Rosiejane.
Thank you for the flood of funky, well executed designs.
You keep me wanting to do better.
Alan
Doc

Reply with quote  #5 
Great job. Now you are well and truly hooked.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.