Author   Comment  
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #1 

own design made of basswood, red cedar and birch plywood

141212_002.jpg

Udie

Reply with quote  #2 
lesmen27 - Thanks for posting.
   I must say the video was very cleverly done and entertaining. Your design has a nice shape and accent details to the wheels, wooden lights and the LED. I am guessing the rear door flips up and then the tailgate is removed for access to the battery compartment which is concealed under the passengers.
   What are the dimensions of this project?
phantom scroller

Reply with quote  #3 
Very nice Lesmen27 room for the little people and I like the vid as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrollsaw-Woodworker-578378898839152/
Sdaupanner

Reply with quote  #4 
All right new to the forum and already adding to the color. This is a real nice start and I can only imagine what you may have up your sleeve for in the future. How about Space Ships or Rockets  .... Martian Rovers, the list go on I can remember back in the early days of my life I was doing Vans and I was asked if there was anything that I could not make with wood .... my answer was something like if you can put it on paper it can be made in wood and I feel for the most part that still reigns true. This is  nice to have someone come to the forum and show us his own designs right of the starting line. Lesmen27 I say welcome aboard ....come in sit down and stay awhile ..
Don
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #5 
@udie
The battery compartment is underneath the floor just like a Tesla car and can contain 4 AAA's. Total length is 8.5".

lesmen27 - Thanks. Would you like to expand on the dimensions as to width, height and wheel size. I think our members and guests would be interested as I am - Udie.
sjc5454

Reply with quote  #6 
That is pretty cool. This looks like a car the little folk would really like and doesn't look that hard to make. Where did you get the led strip? I like the video. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your new car.
Steve Currier
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #7 
Additional info:

length : 21 cm
width  : 10 cm
height : 11.5 cmm
diameter wheels : 5 cm 

For the Imperial minded people the dimensions are:
L 8.26", W 3.93", H 4.52" and Wheel diameter 1.96".
That's what I got using an on-line dimension converter - Udie
lesmen27

Reply with quote  #8 
The led strip (30 cm) is sold for decorating the light of a car and costs 2 bucks.
   I now enjoy skiing in the French Alps, 1000 km away of my summer residence with woodworking shop
see : https://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/collections/72157649828468712/ 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.