Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Loggerlaws

Reply with quote  #31 
Thank you Hennie, I will try this app. I use Inkscape to edit and clean up John's plans which are really great and I have downloaded a good many and one day I will get to make them all. I then import them into Vcarve and then further edit any thing I have missed and export the file again to svg format and import the file into Easel which I find real easy to see how it will look and can easily change the thickness if I what to and with Easel I don't have to transfer the files to my laptop which connects to the CNC via the internet. This may seem like along round about way to get the file to the CNC, works for me.

Cheers
Raymond
wmgeorge1

Reply with quote  #32 
Hey Raymond,

Can not believe this thread I started is still around.

I use a similar workflow, but found an online vector converter 

https://online.rapidresizer.com/tracer.php

Works great, take the pdf by page convert into svg , You don't need the first inkscape process, bring it right into vcarve ( I use aspire, but same thing), I then break everything down to layers, etc. etc.etc.

John -

Reworking the Mustang, when I first started it I did not use the Mags wheels I  created so I need to modify the wheel wells to handle 2 inch wheels. See the wheel post I made in the CNC section.

BTW, thank you for all the great plans. Need to take all my drawings and port to Fusion 360 so its easier for people without vcarve or aspire software to utilize.

Good luck Raymond and have fun

Bill
Loggerlaws

Reply with quote  #33 
Thank you Bill.

I will try this online vector converter and rework it into my workflow. Anything for an easy conversion of pdf files to svg files to Gcode to get good CNC shapes and cut outs.

Cheers
Raymond
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.