Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Udie

Reply with quote  #16 
Muskokamike - I've used the Lee Valley 'Critter' with excellent results.
I was able to spray latex right out of the can on many furniture pieces as well as varnish.
Once you get the nozzle setting correct, and remember to wipe the nozzle frequently you do not get spatter or drops of paint. Took a little while for me to eliminate orange peeling, but worked great in the end.
Muskokamike

Reply with quote  #17 
me Thinks Mr Udie is another Lee Valley frequent shopper....They used to carry a small plastic airbrush too but it's not there anymore......

I find their 30 goat hair bristle brushes for $14.00 a good deal too....not the greatest brushes but for utility work? They're great.....(I use them for stain and at 50 cents a piece I don't have to clean them).

Yes Sir - They are only a 20 minute drive down the road and here is a little trick I do.
I phone in my order or order/pay on line. When I get there I miss all the line ups and go directly to the pick up desk. In and out in 5 minutes - Udie
Udie

Reply with quote  #18 
KenFM - Stackkies - love em! Glad to hear they are best sellers. By spray painting them with the airbrush or spay gun really cuts down the time. Excellent post on multiple builds. Thanks
Pobble

Reply with quote  #19 
KenFM - curious as to why you dilute with screen wash as opposed to water?

What are the benefits?

Thanks
KenFM

Reply with quote  #20 
Pobble
The screen wash contains Detergent and some solvent the detergent will help flow and the solvent reduces drying time so you can lay coat on coat faster. Look at you tube regarding air brushing and most of the professionals use screen wash
Ken  
ctowne

Reply with quote  #21 
KenFM -
Just reviewing this again (thinking of my next big purchase) and the info you put together is AWESOME.  On the mask that you got - you indicated it did not cause the steam on your glasses - how long do the filters last.  There are those masks and the full face kind - just by looking, I would think they kind you got is more comfortable.  Now that you've been wearing it for awhile - how does it feel.  And FYI - now that I have seen your stackies, I think they need to be added to my selection.  I believe they were in one of the WTN plan books that I have.  Love the colors too!!!! 
Cindy
KenFM

Reply with quote  #22 

mask 002.JPG 

Cindy

Thank you for your comments. The stakkies are in the Snazzy book. You will see that I have altered the design a little I have cut V notches in the arms and legs as these give more stability and you can build different shapes.

The mask.  Depending on how often it is used is the answer. I use mine for a few hours each day and would consider changing the filters every 3 months. The other check is if you find breathing harder then change the filters. In front of the main filters is what is called a Pre-filter these are as cheap as chips and can be changed more often they are designed to stop larger particles passing onto the main particle filter. I find this mask very comfortable. Once it is fitted to you it is quick and easy to put on and take off. When I am not using it I keep it in a clean plastic box as we all have dust in the workshop. Clean the face mask with a cleaning wipe before use

ctowne

Reply with quote  #23 
Thanks so much KenFM - nice to know on your modification of the stackies and all your helpful info on the mask.  You ROCK!!!!
Cindy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.